Recent content by yvettebetancourt

  1. yvettebetancourt

    Day 42 Last day of the program

    Hi Forest, EVERYONE has rhythm, even if its in their own mind ;) Thanks for all you do. I will call in on TUE whenever I am available. I don't consider my interaction with TMS over by any means. Maybe just getting started.
  2. yvettebetancourt

    Day 42 Last day of the program

    It took a while, but I completed the program. I did not push myself, but did stick with it. TMS wiki was/is my "safe place" and where I turned to for support and introspection after being a chronic pain sufferer for 5 years. I have my ups/down, but I generally feel amazing and have resumed all...
  3. yvettebetancourt

    Day 39 Best day of the program?

    Well, looking back on the last 6 months, my daughter and then son's graduation day(s) were two of the happiest days of my life. I was pain free and simply elated. I had been working on the TMS program and having counseling since late FEB and it was clear that those steps and my physical self...
  4. yvettebetancourt

    Day 37 Moving along

    You are very welcome. Parents are very tricky. We want to be loving children, no matter what. But they have to do their part respect wise. I think addressing it at some point will help. I needed some tools.
  5. yvettebetancourt

    Day 37 Moving along

    Hi Blake, Thanks for the kind words The build up to asking my son to move out had been happening for about a year. It became clear that though my son loves me, he had no respect for my wishes in the mutual house we shared. He is not a bad kid, just absolutely refused to do some basic things I...
  6. yvettebetancourt

    Day 37 Moving along

    I really liked the Day 37 video with Nicole Sach's story. I had similar feelings about motherhood and it took me a long time to admit it. I was fortunate enough to have some good friends, who felt similar and we allowed each other a" safe space" to say "I hate being a parent" on a regular basis...
  7. yvettebetancourt

    Day 29 Personality traits

    Thanks Marian. This is a journey, but worth pursuing.
  8. yvettebetancourt

    Day 29 Personality traits

    I have found exploring our own personality traits very useful. Up until this program, I had never given much thought to this area of myself except for the generalities people tell you. Discovering my own traits that match the typical TMS sufferer, has helped a lot. And then stepping further into...
  9. yvettebetancourt

    Day 30 Summer is bursting with life

    I am a bit behind on my TMS program, but all for good reason. I have been feeling great and enjoying the burst of life one finds in the summer. I have hiked and biked and am getting stronger every day. I defer to do physical things only b/c they are extreme as others around here love to do. I...
  10. yvettebetancourt

    Day 26 Talking with Mom , not

    Thanks Walt. My life with friends is rich and she really just wants to be a mom, not a buddy and I can respect that. letting go of wishing it was different has been very helpful.
Back
Top