1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 Last day of the program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettebetancourt, Aug 4, 2014.

1. yvettebetancourt

yvettebetancourt New Member

It took a while, but I completed the program. I did not push myself, but did stick with it. TMS wiki was/is my "safe place" and where I turned to for support and introspection after being a chronic pain sufferer for 5 years. I have my ups/down, but I generally feel amazing and have resumed all my favorite activities.

I am not sure if I could have done it without the support of TMS wiki. I wont even think about that, because I did the program and did have the support :)

I recently did a hot yoga session, after having written it off earlier this year. It went well. I am modifying the poses, because for whatever reasons, I think certain moves are not for me. The interesting part was that I was not weak and I felt much better than I had ever felt in the past. It is as if though my "cells" had changed. I believe those type of changes, the "cellular ones" are only due to internal, psychological changes in ourselves.

I recently heard Nichole Sachs discuss the term "personal excavation". This word play really resonated with me and this is exactly what I have to been doing all these months. In addition, learning what "activates us" has been crucial for me. Very insightful and healing.

I think I will soon pursue Schubiners book "Unlearn your pain". I think my work with myself is not quite done here. Interestingly enough, I have not set a "schedule" for this either. My new life involves less planning and striving for outcome independence, all thanks to the support and education I have receive here.

Much love to TMS wiki team of gurus and supporters. I will be around ;)

[​IMG]
    A day hike in our amazing Teton Wilderness. [​IMG]
    Salsa dancing with my peeps in Jack Hole Mountain Resort. Salsa is one of the most important thngsin life to me, and I am back on the dance floor.

Ellen, Forest and yb44 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

How wonderful, yvette. Your healing and new enjoyment of life.
    Congratulations on completing the SEP and telling us all how it worked for you!
    Have fun in the sun and keep dancing!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Congrats, Yvette! I always loved it when you dropped in on our tuesday call-ins. Somehow people are always more present if they use Fuze like you did.

Good luck with Howard's book. He is very approachable if you have a question and has a blog now at Psychology Today.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

PS, I love Salsa dancing, too, but I've got NO rhythm.

5. yvettebetancourt

yvettebetancourt New Member

Hi Forest, EVERYONE has rhythm, even if its in their own mind ;) Thanks for all you do. I will call in on TUE whenever I am available. I don't consider my interaction with TMS over by any means. Maybe just getting started.

Forest likes this.