1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 30 Summer is bursting with life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettebetancourt, Jun 30, 2014.

1. yvettebetancourt

yvettebetancourt New Member

I am a bit behind on my TMS program, but all for good reason. I have been feeling great and enjoying the burst of life one finds in the summer. I have hiked and biked and am getting stronger every day. I defer to do physical things only b/c they are extreme as others around here love to do. I do them b/c I want to and because I know a pumping heart and strong bones/muscles are good for a person. A different angle.

My son graduated from HS, albeit barely. I took control back of my life and asked him to move out, since the last few years have been brutal with a difficult, teenage son. He was shocked at first, but has moved to FL with his Dad and is spending some time sorting out what he wants. It was very hard to do this, but I now know the connections between the stress of this situation and my back problems. I will continue to love him and be there for him, but in a different way.

I continue to stretch and treat my back with the respect it deserves, but not terrified anymore.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Love this yvettebetancourt. You are doing great, I understand it's not always easy doing the right thing but you feel better and that is so important. You said you wasn't terrified anymore. That is so awesome, you are getting it and living to the fullest.
    Bless you in all you do. Keep us posted, Awesome.

3. thinbuilder

thinbuilder New Member

hey, i am somewhere about day 30, i am 99.9% healed. i read several books and articles, though all of them are not being recommended here. and i had know this mindbody things from a different perspective. i will continue to post here to keep everyone updated, meanwhile, you can follow my blog at mindfuladdict.tumblr.com/

over the limit
    i remembered when i was 17,i injured my sole. i told myself, and my parents and family told myself, not to do anything over your limit.

i felt guilt for trying too hard that time, i blamed myself for trying too hard. and i developed chronic pain on my soles. mimicking plantar faciitis. so, since then, i never wanna do any sports over my limit. cuz i have that phobia, of injuring myself or re-injuring my old spot.

and then i trained hard on my 24, wanting to climb a high mountain. because of final exam stress. i din train at all while my partner keep giving me pressure asking me to train hard.

and after my final exam. i have 2 days of training. i trained hard, running uphills and setting maximum inclination at gym . i did over my limit, cuz i know the mountain is high, and i have to do it over my limit.

so, i did, and i was fooled by my unconscious mind. that if i do anything over my limit, my unconscious will try to protect me from doing it, hence giving me pain.

when i was on my flight to the mountain, my pain got worse, and become frozen, i literally couldn’t walk. and i gave up on the mountain, waiting for my fren to reach the peak and come down to c me.

so, i got better almost within a day. n within 2 days, i can walk, go snorkelling and do anything without pain.

but after that, i came back to my college place, i played some football with friends, and then, ALAS, i got a recurrence. its really bad.

as you can see. my pain, is triggered when i did something vigorous, when i did something over my limit. my subconscious tried to protect me from harm, cuz deep down, i had planted a seed in my subconscious, that if i do anything OVER MY LIMIT , i get pain.that i should always “DO ANY ACTIVITY WITHIN MY LIMIT TO PREVENT INJURY”

i felt sorry for myself now because of i planted that seed.

now , i either wanna plant another seed to counter it, or simply to remove that seed.