1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 39 Best day of the program?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettebetancourt, Jul 29, 2014.

1. yvettebetancourt

yvettebetancourt New Member

Well, looking back on the last 6 months, my daughter and then son's graduation day(s) were two of the happiest days of my life. I was pain free and simply elated.

I had been working on the TMS program and having counseling since late FEB and it was clear that those steps and my physical self care (exercise, stretching, massages) were really yielding rewards. I had a lot of what they called "personal excavation" to do and though on-going, I have made a lot of progress. It is no coincidence that I am at this level of recovery after this process.

I think the best think I have done and continue to do, is not put pressure on myself to read a million books, or write every day. The only thing I find crucial to do daily for my self maintenance though is 1. exercise 2. have quiet time . My body does act up, but I know the racket and ask myself "what has happened in the last few days?". I cannot avoid life's challenges, but I can make the connection.

With that said, I would say spending two weeks in Ecaudor with family. On buses, trains, hiking, dune buggies and more.. I was fine. I knew I was back.