Please keep in mind that before treating any condition, including Anxiety Symptoms/Panic Attacks, as TMS or PPD, it is vitally important to consult with your physician in order to rule out any serious medical conditions. To learn more about TMS and PPD, and to help you figure out if you have it, visit our An Introduction to TMS page and watch the video there. Some more guidance in figuring out if this approach is right for you can be found in the video at the top of our So You Think You Might Have TMS page.
To contribute your own story of healing from TMS, please click here to see how to post it on the forum.
Anxiety Symptoms/Panic Attacks and TMS Success Stories
Primarily Anxiety related:
- nguyeq12 reports "100% healed" from severe anxiety and panic attacks after practicing Dr. Sarno's techniques for recovery and offers her own healing advice to others.
- Dr. Alicia Batson's TMS success story overcoming over 20 symptoms including generalized anxiety and panic attacks.
- cirrusnarea recovers from anxiety and back pain using Dr. Sarno's techniques.
- Pingman is now free of anxiety and panic attacks and thanks many of his subforum friends for helping him recover.
- Mindfulliving reports full recovery from many symptoms from prostatitis to anxiety and thanks the TMSWiki.org support community.
- Sharon says, " Years ago, I read Dr. Sarno's first book and my back problems resolved "like magic". But I still had eczema, fibromyalgia, and a nighttime anxiety disorder. Not a fun life, let me tell you. So I literally fell on Sarno's new book The Mindbody Prescription. At first, my conscious mind rebelled at the notion that this was, in essence, a problem of attitude. But I had my success with my back to encourage me so I set about doing the easy mental exercises and was really shocked to find all my symptoms started to vanish. I have had one short spell of fibromyalgia (which I talked my way out of, as outlined in the book), no constipation and far less night anxiety (I never was anxious during the day). The eczema took longer and I still have to remind a few spots of it that "I know what you're doing so don't bother!" but it is 90 per cent cleared. Truly, this book is a miracle. What a relief! I feel much more in control of my life."
- An Amazon.com Customer says, " I was feeling anxiety over health issues and was open to the idea of the mind body connection because I had seen the direct relationship between stress and migraine headaches, TMJ, and sinus infections at different times in my life. During my first reading of the The MindBody Prescription I was amazed to learn about what the mind is able to do that we are not aware of: it has a huge impact on our physical health. I began to learn how to control my anxiety, and have since read Dr. Sarno's book again a couple of times when problems came up. Almost immediately upon reading the book, the problems go away. I am completely convinced that stress causes at least 90% of all pain and illness."
- Donald says, "Dr. Schubiner's inspirational lecture and guidance helped tremendously. I started to calm down and understand for the first time what was behind my problem. The writing exercises brought out profound information about myself that I was unaware of, even when the subject matter was very familiar..."
- samthefish's story Samthefish describes his symptoms and how they coincided with stressful events in his life. He then shares his recovery and highlights the strategies that helped him the most.
- Susan's Success Story For the longest time Susan would have anxiety attacks every year between January and February. She became tired of taking medication that did not help, so she decided to attend Dr. Schubiner's three week TMS class. After accepting the TMS diagnosis Susan learned why she was having anxiety attacks and developed ways to control them and her body's emotions.
Primarily Panic Attack related:
- Samthefish's story Samthefish describes his symptoms and how they coincided with stressful events in his life. He then shares his recovery and highlights the strategies that helped him the most.
- Janet's Success Story Like many people Janet struggled with public speaking and reading. However, her anxiety was so intense that Janet would have debilitating panic attacks which even affected her career as an educator. She feared that she would have to take anti-anxiety medications her entire life. However after taking a TMS workshop Janet was able to control her anxiety and recently organized a large conference where she spoke in front of hundreds of people.
- Keith's Story
|| In the late 1990's I had developed anxiety and associated panic attacks to the point I could no longer drive the San Diego Freeways so I moved to Maui. After a trip to a Maui emergency room and an air ambulance ride to Oahu with a diagnosed heart attack, I knew I must get to the bottom of my anxiety issues. I checked out of the hospital with a self diagnosis of an acute panic attack. I had read Dr. Sarno and understood and accepted the TMS diagnosis, but in anxious moments did not know how to apply my knowledge. I started a daily self-meditation session wherein I repeated to myself "I understand and accept the concept of TMS and its equivalents. This acknowledgement allows me to remain free of their effects that include (in my case) allergies, anxiety, and back pains." I use this affirmation several times a day. Since my hospitalization in 2002, I have only experienced two minor anxiety attacks. I have been able to stave off sciatica pains, and stomach pains using this affirmation.
I truly believe that embracing Dr. Sarno's work has saved my life. I was more or less house-bound and anticipating the next anxiety attack. I am 78 years old, free of all medications, looking trim and feeling fit. My goal is to have peace of mind, live to 100, as a healthy, happy, and productive individual.
Anxiety Symptoms/Panic Attacks referenced in TMS Books
No references documented yet. If you find some, put them here.
We want your success stories and other input! Feel free to add them to this page. See About editing Symptoms & Diagnoses pages to learn how.
This page is a stub. You can help by expanding it. Just click on the Edit tab at the top of the page, and make your changes. Don't forget to Save!
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.