1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Deciding to stop talking about my pain altogether?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thecomputer, Aug 28, 2017.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Thanks for all the replies everyone. To be honest I see the internet in general as a bit of a crutch, and a distraction from life. Whether I am obsessing over learning something, or researching something, or buying things, even communicating with people via email/whats app/forums etc, it's not the same as 'real life' that does not involve staring at a screen.

I appreciate all the amazing things technology has done for us, but I can't help but see the obvious correlation in my life between the internet and anxiety. I remember life before the internet, and before smart phones, and I remember there being a lot less stuff cluttering up my mind!

Of cours that is a bit of a broader reason to curb internet use. But I do feel at some point to stop identifying as being a person with something wrong with them will be helpful for me. I am in the process currently of giving myself a firm talking to every time I go into 'poor me' or victim mode. I am getting quicker at finding perspective, and acceptance.

I'm not going to leave the forums now, but maybe in a month or so when I go away. I will be back at some point, and report on how it goes! But this is an interesting discussion if people want to continue it...

2. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi robotelfy,

It is Interesting !
    Wish you good luck!!!