1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Program Day 1: Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kat

Kat Peer Supporter

Thanks for doing this. I would really like to try it. I am still not certain I have TMS - but I do have chronic pain that doesn't seem to want to leave me, so it is entirely possible! I will try to be open and hopeful :)

2. Plz568

Plz568 Peer Supporter

Looking forward to the program!

3. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

will absolutely try your new program
    thanks for doing this!!
    karina

4. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Let's do this!

danielle and Marion like this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm working on posting the next one now. A little bit of video editing and a little web programming left to do, but not much. Should be up soon!

6. Paul Naj

Paul Naj New Member

Thank you all for doing this program. While I have not been able become completely symptom free, I am a believer in TMS and have seen improvements in my life in the past. I'm currently struggling with another "mystery" issue and beginning to believe that it too is yet another form of TMS. From Alan's description of the program I'm optimistic that I can fill in some missing pieces of the puzzle.

Forest likes this.
  7. Forest

I believe you can, too, Paul.

Day 2 is posted!

Marion and Paul Naj like this.
  8. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Laleah Shoo Shoo Peer Supporter

Loving all of these replies! I am so glad to have this new program to refer to daily. ****Question: A bit naive as far as how this runs, haven't used this forum. And so ~ Does this new program appear on the HOME PAGE? If not, where do we look for this?
    thank's very much

Marion likes this.
  9. nnelg

nnelg New Member

Thanks so much for offering this. Just by your generous contribution of time and knowledge you are, I believe, modelling a way to healthier living in general...selfless giving.
    We're up for a great adventure!

Forest likes this.
  10. Forest

Heya, Laleah, thanks for asking. While the program is running, just click on Forums and then General Discussion Subforum to see the most recent post.

Both now and after the program is over, you'll be able to see all of the the days in the program just by using the following link:
    http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram (General Discussion Subforum)

New days will pop up, Monday-Saturday, by 10:00 AM (hopefully earlier).

11. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Laleah Shoo Shoo Peer Supporter

Thank you very much, Forest

12. hambone

hambone Peer Supporter

Where is Day Two?

13. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

14. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

Lets do this !

15. Forest

16. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Thank you for all you do to contribute to the field, Alan! I try to stay in beginners mind no matter how successfully I've recovered. So, it'll be nice to be a beginner again.

17. rusland

rusland New Member

Pain = insomnia .
    Insomnia = depression and anxiety

I was trying to ignore burning pelvis yesterday and just didn't give a shit about it. I was strong and motivated. I was out of any opioids for 2 weeks and I was feeling making progress.
    But last night couldn't sleep because of pain.
    In had to take 100mg Tramadol at 3am just to cope with the pain.
    But in the morning I feeld so disappointed , like all my progress is gone.
    Anyone experience this ?

Fabi likes this.
  18. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

Fantastic!

19. Norrie

Norrie New Member

So excited love Dr Schuibner and his TMS program , thanks a lot Alan all this makes the road to recovery easier and more obtainable.

20. HankRearden

HankRearden New Member

Hello Active TMS Forum members,

You might have noticed that recovering from TMS requires looking within and updating beliefs. Do you want to get better at doing this? If so I'd be happy to teach you a powerful introspective technique (for free) over a video call.

What's in it for me? I'm a Stanford student doing research on applying introspection to TMS recovery. It's helped me a lot.

You can book time with me at https://adamjensen.youcanbook.me/ (Time with Adam)

Note: introspection is not risk-free. Please read the disclaimer here, at the bottom: http://leverageresearch.org/blog/learning-to-introspect (Learning to Introspect - Leverage Research)
    Be sure to book now, as I'm only doing this for the next two weeks.