1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the TMS Recovery Program Subforum!

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by Forest, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great advice from David B, AranK. Am I right in understanding that you are asking about the TMS Recovery Program donated by Alan Gordon? If so, I'll add that I'm glad that you are thinking about how to get the most from the program. I think that the temptation is to read the program like a magazine article, which is a terrible shame. To help with this, we've been working on a program to add some structure to the Alan Gordon program. I thought it might help you, so I made a post about it here, if you want to check it out:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/a-structured-program-for-the-alan-gordon-program.3342/

Between the two of us, David and I have shared a lot of information. Did you find the information you were looking for?

2. AranK

AranK New Member

Thanks, David and Forest. I appreciate that Dr Gordon wanted to leave flexibility for people to work his program at their own pace. I also read your draft for a more more structured approach. I am considering both. In the meantime I have read the first few sections of the program and am getting a lot out of it already. One thing that really stuck out for me was the part about how the fear and preoccupation with the pain is the primary distraction, not the pain itself. This is so true yet I had not realized it. Now when I have fear thoughts I just tell myself, "this is fear talking, don't listen." What a journey this is! I successfully resolved my RSI type symptoms over a year ago using TMS techniques but now I have eczema-like symptoms on my hands and wrists (same place as the RSI was). I took me about 6 months to realize it was TMS! Very sneaky, the mind is. It gives me itching instead of pain to confuse me. I am on the right track now. I may start therapy with a TMS therapist this time to try to get to the bottom of it so I stop having recurring symptoms. It is helpful to have a therapy based program like Alan's to work on for now. Thanks!

3. Jess

Jess Newcomer

Hi I was trying to listen to 'Take a loving stance' with Layne but the audio isn't working. Can someone help me with this? Thank you!

4. Moody007

Moody007 New Member

I just listened to john clip number 2 about his speaking faster and faster,i can relate his hole soty about his chidhood and the rest,beside some thing we do have the same childhood,and suffering about yhe same anxiety,wow gordon you helped me a ,lot i know theres a lot of work to be done but,god i ve never though of that i really though that my childhood was kind of amazing but after realising that stuff,ouch.i know that my mom and dad did the best they could with the learning they had,so it is my duty to reasure myself now,and thanks to you gord i know now.

5. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

The recovery program and fear: As I woke up this morning with some fear bullying me, I reflected all morning on it. I know why it crept in to taunt me; wasn't hard to figure out. I want to share something that came to mind on how to deal with fear from Elizabeth Gilbert's book, "Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear". She realizes fear will always come back to her, but before she starts writing a book, she gives it a speech in which she tells it that it's allowed to sit in the back seat for the ride, but it's not allowed to have a say in anything that's decided. It will have an opinion, but it doesn't get to vote. It doesn't get to give directions or even play with the radio dial. It's an amusing way to look at fear.

6. laugiss

laugiss New Member

[QUOTE = "Gigi, post: 12182, member: 1342"] Acabo de terminar el programa de Alan. Me había forzado a ir despacio, ya que el perfeccionista en mí quería pasar por todo en una noche.
    Qué triste que descuidemos al niño interior en la medida en que lo hacemos. Nunca hablaría con un amigo de la misma forma en que me hablo a mí mismo. Es hora de que eso cambie. Me comprometo conscientemente a reconocer lo bueno que veo tan fácilmente en los demás. [/ QUOTE]
    yo estoy iniciando este viaje, luego de llevar 10 años de dolor, algo que empezo suave y luego se volvio cronico, en este momento hice lo que dijiste, queria leer todo lo que tu sabes, es aqui donde me doy cuenta de que soy perfeccionista sin duda me maltrató toda mi vida, que bueno que puede beneficiarse de este programa y de todos los comentarios de las personas que apoyan y que también se benefician como yo. espero ahora estes muy bien,