1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A Structured Program for the Alan Gordon Program

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by Forest, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

In another post, a member of our forum wrote,
    I think that that is a terrific question. You really get out of the program what you put into it, and I think that a lot of people rush through the Alan Gordon program, missing most of the benefits. You really can't read it like a magazine article and get the full benefit.

(Just to be clear, I am referring to the TMS Recovery Program donated by Alan Gordon, LCSW, not the Structured Educational Program elsewhere on this site. We have subforums for both programs in our All Subforums list.)

It turns out that over the summer we put some effort into making a program that helps people to get more out of the Alan Gordon Recovery Program. We broke the program into 18 pieces and added Journaling activities and Questions To Ponder similar to the ones that we made for our already successful Structured Educational Program. In some sense, by breaking it down into daily activities, like we did the the Structured Educational Program, we hope to help people get more out of it.

We are still working on the program, and hope to have it done by April or May. We have a huge number of projects in the pipeline right now, and our nonprofit has gotten large enough that adding things takes a great deal of time. If anyone would like to help on the projects, however, we are always looking for more help. Just reply to this thread or send me a personal message by clicking on my username and the clicking on "Start A Conversation."

In the meantime, I thought that people might want to check out what we have done so far. If you have any feedback on it, please post that feedback in this thread. The people who have made the program have already read and discussed the program extensively, so it will be very helpful to know how the program works for complete newcomers.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Reader's_Guide_to_the_Alan_Gordon_TMS_Recovery_Program

Thank you for your support!

Mari likes this.
  2. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

This is a lifesaver...thank you...starting the program today!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi mindfulliving, I'm so glad to hear that. Please let me know how you like it. I'm very eager to hear your feedback.

4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hey! I Didn't know about this. Looking forward to checking it out… although right now I'm going through Schubiner's book which seems to take up a fair amount of time. All worth it…. all in the name of healing!
    ;)