1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Forum for the Structured Educational Program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JanAtheCPA, Sep 1, 2012.

1. MigraineSky

MigraineSky Newcomer

Hi ! I am here ! New and excited ! I have already seen and felt good results ! YAY !

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Lavoris

Lavoris New Member

Yesterday I had a procedure at the Dentist and they gave me an Ativan to relax me after one of my dental implants came out! I noticed that for hours after that my symptoms were greatly reduced. And I mean greatly. Is this any confirmation that my TMS is hard at work the rest of the time? Or is Ativan just going to do that with anyone who is dealing with pain? Mine is nervous system discombobutation. I have decided to give it a silly name which helps me cope. I am at sixes and sevens today bc the discombombulatory reaction is back.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Seema

Seema New Member

Hello Jan! I'm new here. I think I have TMS. Just found this amazing forum. I think it will truly be helpful to me. I have had daily headaches for the last 3 years, and nothing seems to control them completely. Of course I've had all the scans/tests done to rule out anything serious. I am a worrier for sure, and sometimes a perfectionist. I'm glad to have found this community!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

How do I start this? Thank you!

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Click the link...

6. Harzee

Harzee Peer Supporter

Sorry...which link...

7. JanAtheCPA

Every time someone quotes me.

8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

9. Martha

Martha Newcomer

I was seeing a PCP who was really into MBS/TMS, and he helped me work through a lot of symptoms, so I'm already convinced I have TMS. I was dealing with all-over body aches and fatigue, specifically back pain, and had been diagnosed with migraines and fibromyalgia but treated unsuccessfully until I met Dr. McClanahan. He helped me learn to address TMS, and they all went away. So what's the problem, you're wondering...Well, he left the primary care practice to work specifically with MBS/TMS patients. I lost track of him, and as time passed, the migraines came back, and I'm dealing with a major bladder issue called an areflexic detrusor. Dr. McClanahan actually reached out to me, and I saw him again for the first time last week. Within ten minutes of our session, symptoms arose and resolved, so I'm convinced he can help me again. I'm just on Day 1, so I have some work to do, but I have renewed hope and faith!

10. Martha

Martha Newcomer

Day 3-The last time I exercised-
    I jogged at the gym yesterday. I just started back, so I'm taking it more slowly than I was a few months ago, but I still feel energized and upbeat.

11. Martha

Martha Newcomer

12. Martha

Martha Newcomer

Day 10-Who am i

13. Martha

Martha Newcomer

Day 16-
    I have told several people about TMS and my specific symptoms and how quickly my main symptom (bladder) went away but how other symptoms have flared up. They have had mediocre responses. They think it's a great idea for me and are happy it's working for me, but they don't see that they have TMS, too (the ones that do) and that they could absolutely benefit from just attending a lecture describing what it is and the process of treating it...It's sort of frustrating to me because some of my friends/family have pretty severe symptoms that I believe are TMS, but they won't try to get help from someone who really knows how to treat it!

14. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hi im here. I feel like I'm leaking BMS knowledge :)... I've finish the other pain program on here by Alan. I use Curable. Ive read Explain Pain by Lorimer Moseley and just finished his awesome workbook. Ive read the Changing Brain, have Unlearn Your Pain ordered and the Beat Fibro tms book, I've watched a ton of tms/BMW youtube talks and videos. I sprout the brain- pain relationship to anyone who'll listen. Im a convert and whats known by past medical professionals a person with fibro (phewy!).... I've actually never accepted that diagnosis but it took me 5 years to find out all I know now.... I see a BMS therapist and exercise physiologist.... just trying to connect with the right BMS psychologist in Australia ($$$ is an issue here)... but I'm getting there...onward and upward!!

15. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I think because when you have issues so many people share various solutions you end up sick of hearing it.... I've got friends not listening either!!

16. justgreene

justgreene Newcomer

Just curious...I am on Day 20 and the article/link for the Educational reading does not work. Any idea where I could find article from Where the Client Is by Dr. Anderson? Thank you.

17. JanAtheCPA

This has been on my to-do list for a while. We often experience old dead links, but I can usually find the old article in other places, other sites, or, as a last resort, in Google Books. I am pretty good at doing Google searches, but I utterly failed to find this article anywhere.

My "to do" was to figure out a replacement for the article, but tax season got in the way, followed by all of my post-tax-season deferred chores and appointments.

Does anyone have any ideas? The Day 20 reference reads:
    Educational Activity: Having a clear understanding of the steps needed to overcome TMS is pivotal in battling this condition. In an article for Where the Client Is, TMS psychoanalyst, Dr. Frances Sommer Anderson, discusses the necessary steps a person should take in order to get better. Her insights are especially significant for individuals who do not have "book cures" or become dramatically better in a couple of days. Dr. Anderson gives her expertise in working with individuals who have had lengthy recoveries which can help other people understand that overcoming TMS can take time. Dr. Anderson worked with John Sarno at the Rusk Institute for over 12 years.
    I suppose that contacting Dr. Anderson is an option... I'll ask Forest if he can do that.

18. Jim F

Jim F New Member

Hey everybody, this is the first time Im posting on this site....Ive been battling TMS for years..IM 100% confident I have TMS but I can't seem to resolve my symptoms....Ive read all of Dr. Sarno's books...did extensive journaling....seen aTMS psychologist who worked with Dr. Sarno...nothing is helping....I recently discovered this site and just started the structured educational program along with Alan Gordon recovery program....Please if anyone has any further suggestions Please help me....

19. KayLah

KayLah New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me, how do I find my posts from the Structured Ed Program? I'm having trouble navigating the forums, posts, etc. And I'm Day 23. Thank you!

20. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Wow, thanks for the warmness. hugs hugs hugs and thanks much!