Please keep in mind that before treating any condition, including Headaches, as TMS or PPD, it is vitally important to consult with your physician in order to rule out any serious medical conditions. To learn more about TMS and PPD, and to help you figure out if you have it, visit our An Introduction to TMS page and watch the video there. Some more guidance in figuring out if this approach is right for you can be found in the video at the top of our So You Think You Might Have TMS page.
To contribute your own story of healing from TMS, please click here to see how to post it on the forum.
Headaches and TMS Success Stories
- Wiser Now, began suffering from TMS at the age of 13, and first recovered by reading Sarno's books. Then 10 years later, other symptoms began to emerge, but she was able to overcome them by utilizing the TMS techniques described in Unlearn Your Pain, Back Sense, and the Sedona Method.
- Sonora_sky, Nor, FlyByNight, carbar, Carolyn, Bonnie and HilaryN mention recovery from headaches in this thread.
- An Amazon.com Customer says, "The last five years I have been dealing with pain from three herniated discs from a car accident. I am a physician and competitive runner, running eighty miles a week. The pain was quickly destroying my life. I developed a constant boring head-eye-face pain three years ago. Nobody knew why. Every day of my life I wanted to die. In the last week my pain unbelievably got worse. I had no answers. Nobody could help me. Anybody reading this in pain knows my pain. I received terrible news about my only shot at some small chance of help-major surgery with minimal guarantees. I was at the end. In the last week I could no longer work, run, sleep, eat. I was in my hell. Last night my wife caught the end of 20/20, on dr. Sarno's book. This morning I entered the Internet for the first time with the help of my son. I found Amazon.com and was able to find the book even though I didn't know the author's name. I got the name of the book and called a local bookstore. I read the book and digested it over the course of this day, simplifying and conceptualizing the material to my living hell. Gradually throughout the day my head pain of three years is gone-it's gone."
- Idan says, "I'm 28. In the last 18 months I have experienced trigemminal nerve based headaches, unexplained right foot pain, tendonitis on in both knees and elbows, unexplained groin pain and GERD. Why so many unrelated ailments in such a short period of time? The TMS hypothesis seems to fit so well. Furthermore I have experienced significant improvements on all/most of the problems just by reading and re-reading the Mindbody Prescription (I think it probably helps to obtain a followup book on concrete tactics for conditioning your subconcious though - which i have done). I am not 100% cured (maybe 80% in 4 weeks), but I feel I have come so far so quickly that it is probably just a matter of weeks or a few months."
- Amazon customer James says, "My wife had headaches for over one year. From the moment she woke up to the moment she went to sleep. Life was hellish. Her neurologist said she had a problem with her neck. Her spinal colum was unbalanced and rubbing against a nerve, resulting in the headaches. He recommended we start with physiotherapy (4 months of treatment), them moved on to a chyropractor (4 months), then tried some medicine (with a nasty side effect - serious weight gain, aggressivity). We even tried acupuncture and massotherapy. Although everything worked a bit at the beginning, her headaches didn't go away. A friend who had been cured from serious bach pain said this book might help. I bought the book for my wife the next day. She read it. The first week there was no improvement. The second week she had slightly fewer headaches. The third week she had almost no headaches. The fourth week she was CURED! It is true, my wife does have a problem with her neck. I've seen the X-rays, all the doctors agreed. BUT this was not the root cause of her pain."
Headaches referenced in TMS Books
Tension headache is classed as a circulatory disorder, since it is believed that the headache is caused by local ischemia in the scalp muscles, just as TMS comes from local ischemia in postural muscles, nerves, or tendons.
Spending even a small amount of time each day reflecting on TMS principles works as preventive medicine. You do not need to allow your brain to create this pain, this distraction.
We want your success stories and other input! Feel free to add them to this page. See About editing Symptoms & Diagnoses pages to learn how.
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.