1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sign-ups open for free individual session with Nicole Sachs, LCSW

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

For the last 9 weeks, we have been discussing The Meaning of Truth, the new book by Sarno patient and psychotherapist Nicole Sachs, LCSW. Nicole has very generously offered to do individual consultations with TMSers who call in to our discussion group and want help with their own case.

The sessions will be during our regular Tuesday night discussion group and are currently scheduled for the second half of the discussion on October 7 wrapping up Nicole's book, and for all of the call on October 14.

After years on Dr. Sarno's Alumni panels and with her own TMS book, Nicole has a busy schedule of therapy with TMS clients. This opportunity will not be available for long. If you would like a free session with her, please post in this thread or contact me via a personal message or at forestfortreesweb@gmail.com .

Best of luck in your recovery!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome. We are so lucky (although luck really has nothing to do with it ;)) to have so many talented and compassionate practitioners who have joined us in our community and who give so generously of their time and talents.

~Jan

nowtimecoach and Ellen like this.
  3. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

I would love a free session but i am in australia is it possible?

Forest likes this.
  4. Forest

Hi Carol, I realize that I might not have made it clear in my original posting (now updated) that these consultation will be like the ones that Alan Gordon did during his wonderful webinars in that they will happen during our regular Tuesday call-in sessions.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Webinars

With that being said, if you can make it on Tuesday night at 9:00 PM New York time (Eastern US Time), that would be wonderful!

5. caroldiem

caroldiem New Member

wonderful that is 11am my time very doable can you please point me to directions on how to join the webinar???

6. Forest

Great! If you have a webcam, the best way to join the webinar is to use your computer, because then you can see Nicole and she can see you. However, if you don't have a webcam or simply prefer not to use it, you can also just use the telephone.

We have the webinars every Tuesday night. This coming Tuesday, the plan is to finish the last two chapters of the book. After that, we will move on to consultations in the following weeks.

Directions for connecting can be found in the announcement post:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/thread...chapter-9-epilogue-the-meaning-of-truth.5872/

If you have an questions, feel free to drop me an email at the address given above. You can also call me at the TMS Wiki's number, which is (857) 250-3999. I may not pick up immediately, but I'm always happy to call back.

7. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

I would love a session but I too am in Australia! Can this be arranged? (I've never actually called in, because I'm in Australia and the times are always wrong.)

8. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

I just re-read the messages before mine more carefully and saw that I'd misunderstood. I work on Tuesdays and it will be during the day here so I won't be able to call in. :-(

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

What a generous offer from Nicole Sachs. I hope she doesn't get overwhelmed with the response.

10. Kathi

Kathi Peer Supporter

Have you already filled up with volunteers? I would love to try the individual consult w/ Nicole, but I feel nervous about it, and don't know if I'd know what to say or ask.

11. Forest

Hi Porpoise, I'm sorry to hear that. If we end up doing another session at a different time, we will definitely keep you in mind.
    Nope, we aren't full yet. I think it's very natural to be nervous. When we did this last time, the nervousness was actually something that came up during the call! In terms of what to ask about or say, that is where I would turn it over to Nicole, as she is the professional. If you'd like to learn more, perhaps you could send me an email at forestfortreesweb@gmail.com, describing your story and what you are doing on right now. I can check with Nicole and we could get back to you.

12. sharon

sharon New Member

Likewise, Is it possible to access pre recorded webinars please?

13. Porpoise

Porpoise Peer Supporter

Thanks, Forest. It would be awesome if it was possible for us Northern Hemisphereans who work to call in some time!

14. Forest

Hi Sharon, we've got two types of webinars that we produce. The first are the Tuesday night ones, that are like a weekly book group, but have become more than that over time as authors have called in:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group

We have also irregularly had webinars with various TMS figures as special guests. The ones with Alan Gordon, LCSW, had mini-session consults that might serve as a model for these ones:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Webinars

15. Forest

An update: Nicole will be starting her individual consultations tonight (Tuesday October 7), after we wrap up our discussion of the final chapters of the book. We will then continue with the remainder of the sessions during the call on Tuesday October 14.

There are still openings for these individual sessions with Nicole, so if you would like to sign up, just post in this thread or contact me via a personal message or at forestfortreesweb@gmail.com .