1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Welcome to our new TMS Forums

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the PPD/TMS Peer Network!

The PPD/TMS Peer Network is a community of people who have recovered or are recovering from TMS (also known as PPD). Our goal is to support other people with TMS by sharing what has worked for us and helping to raise awareness of this frustrating and painful but eminently treatable syndrome.

We are an entirely peer led organization supported solely by contributions from our volunteers. We have incorporated as a nonprofit in Massachusetts and sponsor the following programs:
    We are a 501(c)3 educational public charity and all of our projects are completely free.

The TMS world is quite small, but we are trying to do our part to help make it a little bit larger. If you'd like to learn more, you can read more here or ask questions below. If you'd like to help out, you can always become a chat room moderator, forum moderator, Q&A project liaison, or, perhaps most rewardingly, just help out by responding to posts in the Support Forum.

What you are looking at right now is our online discussion forum. It has four main subforums:
    • General TMS Discussion Forum - Here you can find discussions about ideas, techniques, conditions, breaking news, and any other general topic relevant to all people with TMS. If you have a general question to ask, ask it here.
    • Support Forum - This subforum is about building community and supporting one another as we manage or recover from our TMS. It is a great place to introduce yourself and tell your story when you first sign up. It's also a great place to ask a question about your own personal case. Inside this subforum is a special Success Stories sub-subforum where you can post and read stories about recoveries from TMS.
    • Structured Educational Program - This special subforum is for any discussion threads responding to the Peer Network's Structured Educational Program. Click here to learn about the Structured Educational Program.
    • Practitioner Corner - This forum is for reading submissions from TMS practitioners. It also includes posts to our Q&A With An Expert program.
    If you aren't sure whether to post in the General Discussion Forum or the Support Forum, ask yourself whether the post is about getting help for a specific person, in which case it would go in the Support Forum, or whether it is a more general question that might go in the General Discussion Forum. We separate the two because some people are more interested in joining in on abstract discussions whereas others like supporting one another. There will always be grey areas between these two extremes, but we thought that by separating these two types of threads into two different subforums, we might make it easier for people to find the threads they find most interesting. With that said, don't worry if you post in the wrong spot. Someone can always come along and make any changes with just a couple clicks of the mouse.

We hope that all of this isn't too overwhelming and wish you the absolute best in your recovery. If you are inclined to do so, please feel free to take a moment to sign up and start a new thread to introduce yourself in the Support Forum (click here to see how).

Once again, welcome to the Peer Network!

Forest, on behalf of the Leadership Team and the Forum Moderation Team

Endless luke likes this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

You're doing such a great job here, and the work is hard. I tell everyone I talk to about this site. Keep up the great work with confidence that you're doing a necessary service. The greatest threat to ignorance is awareness. The greatest threat to anger is love. The greatest threat to suffering is peace.

Steve Ozanich

3. Forest

Thank you so much, Steve, I really appreciate your support. If all of us TMSers just keep telling our stories, sharing what we've learned, and spreading Dr. Sarno's ideas, we can do our part to help people escape their pain and transform their lives. Our stories show that it can be done and that it doesn't require surgery, medications or other expensive, dangerous, and unpleasant treatments.

Thank you, as well, for the wonerful work that you do. Together I think that we can show the world that that when one starts with the correct diagnosis, recovery from TMS and its equivalents is possible and permanent. I think that peers - people like you and me, who have suffered and recovered - will play a key role in this process.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, your reply to Steve was excellent when you said pain can be a blessing because it can lead us to make some changes in our lives.
    I am 82 and had been a lifelong Catholic until politics entered religion when the first Bush ran for president. I'm an independent Democrat but didn't like the church telling me who to vote for. So I stopped being a Church Catholic and decided my faith would be just between the Lord/Jesus/Holy Spirit and myself. But I lost a sense of community and haven't been a happy Catholic.

Reading Dr. Brady's PAIN FREE FOR LIFE made me do some soul searching and I decided right after reading the book to return to the Catholic Church. I made a confession (got a lot of prayers for penance), got absolution, and feel really good now that I accept my church with its faults (pedophelia and the cover-up), and accept that as one Catholic source said, "It always has been a church of sinners and saints."

I hope I get relief from my back pain but right now I feel starting Dr. Brady's 6-week program has helped me a lot because I am back in the church.

walt glenview

eric watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

great for you walt -keep the faith my friend
    its an importrant part to our calmness and peace....god bless

6. jessemac123$

jessemac123$ New Member

i AM MOVED AND INSPIRED BY YOU wALT AND eRIC AND fOREST. rEALLY HAVING A HARD TIME BUT CONTUING WITH THE HELP OF THIS COMMUNITY. THANK YOU Sorry for the caps terrible typist. , Jesse

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

jeesemac123$ glad you wrote and thanks for your kind words-i notice i didnt see a story
    how r u now? is there an issue that you would like to talk about? were here for ya jesse,why dont ya put a question up in the
    general help forum and we will all be there for ya -we are all here for ya and it puts joy in our hearts to reach out
    and lend a helping hand-have you read sarnos book? or steve ozanichs book,the great pain deception,
    let us know ,and dont worry about the typeing,youll get better as time goes by,i remember i was so slow at typeing when i started,we all need some
    editing when we type but we still know what each other means-we know where you are ,weve all been there ,come on board and talk to us ,again were here for ya friend,god bless

nancy likes this.
  8. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

Thanks Eric. I'm suffering from a lot of spinal pain. I was diagnosed by Dr. Schubiner as having TMS or mind body syndrome as he calls it, at a 2 hour visit at his office in July this year. I started his work book but can't get my self to do the release exercise as outlined in his workbook . I've done so much digging up of my childhood and adolescence over the years it just seems so overdone. But I wake up with real bad pain in my spine everyday and am now taking 3 percocet to get going. I used to be a runner but really can't exercise much now. I'm on an antidepressant and just feel very stuck. it is interesting how very resistant I am to doing the Schubiner release exercises. I think there's something there. Please keep me in mind and write as often as you can. My email is jesseactor@gmail.com
    [​IMG]

Markus likes this.
  9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

jesse what about your current stessors -how r u handleing them
    they will keep a fire burning well after you have discovered your repressions
    and the part where you feel somthing is there-well there is-you gotta learn how to
    reframe if you dont like the releasing approach-let me know

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Jesse, I hope you and Eric will email each other and know he will give you help.
    It's amazing how much he knows about TMS healing, and wants to help those with it.

11. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hi, only just found out there is this forum too.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

were here mala, thanks for visiting or even
    becoming a member when your ready
    ask any questions if you have em
    we love to help- bless you

13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Mala. The forums are really helpful.
    If you haven't yet, get Dr. John Sarno's book,
    HEALING BACK PAIN, and follow it,
    especially the 12 Daily Reminders and journaling.
    www. amazon.com books has used copies cheap.
    Welcome toTMS healing. It worked for me.
    Eric is a great guy and very helpful end.

14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I meant very helpful friend.

15. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Just want to say how much I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into making this site so helpful and inspirational. I've been listening to the recordings of the Discussion Call-In and have found it very beneficial to hear the struggles and revelations of other members. Everyone is so articulate, thoughtful, and kind. The TMS Recovery Program, shared so generously by Alan Gordon, is a true gift and is helping me move forward after a period of feeling stuck. I feel so fortunate to have found this very informative, supportive and compassionate resource as a valuable supplement to my reading. Thank you all so much.

eric watson and Forest like this.
  16. Forest

And I am glad you found our site :). Alan's Recovery Program is a great tool for anyone, but I especially think it can be helpful to people who feel stuck or have been at this for some time. It is great to have you be part of our community!

17. bordersgirl56

bordersgirl56 New Member

Hi, you got room for a wee Scottish girl? (I lie about my age!) Struggled for a long time with pain that moved about a bit and for the last two years settled in hip and leg. I was at the end of myself and trawling the internet for answers and 'tripped' over Dr Sarno. That man is a saint - and I am devouring all I can read by him and others. This site is an amazing resource and Alan is so generous to make it all freely available. My husband is sooooooo suspicious of any new "quackary" solution to my pain - but no-one seems to want to sell me anything. They just want to share and encourage.

Just starting the journey really and looking forward to hanging out with you guys and moving my life forward and healing and being PAIN FREE

18. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Bordergirl56 its great you've arrived, you will love it here as you learn and grow
    there are so many supporters here who have healed and are just starting that you should have a great time fitting right in
    Tmswiki truly is a place of healing and you'll be amazed at the support for anything your going through
    yes Alan Gordon is an awesome person for helping with a great system for hope, well being and healing
    We also have a call in discussion about Alan's program now on Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM EST
    so if you get a chance there it'll be awesome to have you ask some questions or just listen in if you like
    we have the General Discussion Forum if you have any general questions
    as mentioned above Alan's program is phenomenal
    and there's also the Structural Education Program you'll love to be a part of
    just take your time and start when your ready, its about patience and healing ya know
    theres lots of folks that are here ready to help that have been through the pain you have and they'll
    also be able to send support - knowing the road you've been down
    hope to hear from you soon,
    and yes the forum is dedicated to Dr. Sarno- He Got me back to living a life worth living
    im sure there will be more to come in and say hi so welcome aboard
    were all friends here
    Bless you

19. leonardo999

leonardo999 Well known member

Hi all

This looks like an interesting place to be.... after years of trying to search out emotions and the pain connection.
    Only found Dr Sarno this week.... a low low week... so it came at a great time.
    Regards
    Leo

20. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Welcome leonardo999- that's a great name
    this is the emotion and pain connection world
    you'll see lots of great topics to get you back to a high week
    and there's plenty of friends here that know where ya been
    look around and have a great time- if you have any questions
    theres something special about talking to someone directly that's been there
    I think just about any topic you think of can be searched and found here also
    so feel free to jump in.....
    have a great week