1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Presence Process - Share Experiences & Ask Questions

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by BrianC, Jul 14, 2014.

1. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Great!

I was always avoiding fear when I could, even though I faced it a lot and stuffed the emotions. So when I felt it and let it process for the first time, I realized I had been afraid for no reason and that it actually felt really good to feel it with the right perspective. I really loved that revelation. It's a game changer. Like you said, it's just a feeling so it's not going to kill you. :)

When I felt fear or other uncomfortable emotions, I would let them work their way out during that session, then I'd end. But I had the time to do it. Not everyone has the time, so each person has to figure out what's best for their situation. It will vary from day to day with some people's schedules. There's no set rule for it. I just always did my best to do at least the minimum of 30 minutes a day (two 15-minute sessions), and then I'd sit and feel my emotions for a little bit right after I was done in order to see what comes up for processing.