1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Itchy skin - TMS or not?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TG957, May 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Totally! And my therapist told is part of the xxxx symptoms. And when I'm stressed out it came on the surface. When I am in good emotional conditions, it doesn't show up.

2. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Yes it could also be that. But it came in a very tough moemnt of my life where I did'nt have any idea of how much suppressed emotions could interfere with almost everything. And, btw, since then, I started to have psycological problems related to my sexuality, that until that moment I bever had. Also these problems, part of the "symptoms".

3. Cynstarlight

Cynstarlight New Member

I have had severe itchiness for 10 years. At first I thought it was an allergy since I had just turned vegan, but Dr. Rashbaum from NYU (he followed in Dr. Sarno's footsteps) diagnosed it as TMS and he sent me to a dermatologist who also diagnosed it as TMS. They told me to find a TMS therapist. I have tried to find one for 10 years, but they really take advantage of TMS patients and charge double what a regular therapist charges. Can anyone recommend a TMS therapist who charges reasonable rates? My itchiness keeps me up all night. The crazy thing is that I will have it for a month and then it goes away for a month and the pattern continues. I don't understand why it goes away and comes back in a consistent pattern. It is worse at night, but is now carrying over into the morning.

4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle