1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Itchy skin - TMS or not?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TG957, May 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have been having all kinds of itchy skin issues lately. It jumps around my body and gets really bad at night. Warm showers, creams and lotions help temporarily but none works permanently. It finally dawned on me that it coincides with increase in anxiety. Last night, a little meditation eliminated both itching all over my body and elevated anxiety. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh yeah. I have a spot on my calf that itches for no reason when I am under medium stress. Its been there for years and there is Nothing there....and now this year it switched sides! I call it my 'anxiety spot'

I itched the top of my foot til it bled. I went and bought all sorts of medicines and cortisone and finally went to the Dr. for the 'athletes foot' I had....except the doctor found NOTHING. As soon as he told me it was nothing, It stopped itching (there).

Feet, legs and occasionally the back of my neck.

They are like my TMS 'early warning detection' system and to me represent a lower level of irritation than pain. Dogs will often times itch spots for no particular reason and I have learned from my dogs that we are not really that different

TG957 likes this.
  3. TG957

Unfortunately for me, it starts on my face: eyes, ears, skull - everything above my neck, and then proceeds all the way down to toes! Good to know, thanks for reply!

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

You bet! I can itch anywhere when I get TMSey. It's a combination of dry skin and TMS. Moisturize for general skincare and staying relaxed releases less cortisol and the redness and itchiness go down faster. TMS is a whole lot of "don't scratch the itch"- that's the only thing that worked when I was little, not creams and whatever other stuff the family tried! Also don't take long showers, they dry out the skin.

5. TG957

Thank you, I absolutely love this!