1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

HI IM NEW HERE GOES

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Zookeeper1, May 22, 2014.

1. Zookeeper1

Zookeeper1 New Member

HI
    Every time I want to go away for a week or 2 I always have to cancel my trip .WHY because I get back pain or my teeth hurt or my shoulder hurts .I run to the doctors 2 or 3 weeks before my trip make sure everything is ok but I JUST HAD TO CANCELL ANOTHER TRIP ITS AWEFUL .
    everytime I plan something I have pain this has been going on fer over 20 years sometimes I do make the trip but most of the time I don't like 3 days ago :(
    ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS
    P S I am seeing a therapist I was diagnosed with anxiety

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Zookeeper1,

You have made an important first step in your recovery, and that is to recognize a pattern of your mindbody that is not serving you well and does not need to be there. Now you need to start working on changing it. Since you've had this pattern for 20 years, it may take awhile to unlearn it. So I suggest using one of the structured programs available--either the structured educational program or Alan Gordon's program that are free on this site are great. Just take it one step at a time, and read as much as you can about TMS. You may also find resources by Claire Weekes helpful for your anxiety.

We are glad you have joined us here on the Forum. You will be able to heal. Don't give up hope.

Anne Walker likes this.
  3. Zookeeper1

Zookeeper1 New Member

THANK YOU ELLEN OK now were can I FIND THIS ALAN GORDONS PROGRAM this site is kinda complicated CAN U PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
    THANK YOU AGAIN I HOPE THIS WORLS FER ME

4. Ellen

Hi,

There is a sub-forum now dedicated to Alan Gordon's Recovery program:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/alan-gordon-tms-recovery-program.31/

You can find stuff on this site by putting in any search term into the search bar at the top right of every page. There is great stuff on this site. But yes it's a bit overwhelming at times. Just look at a little every day. I've been at it over a year and still haven't seen everything yet.

Feel free to ask questions anytime. We are all here to support one another. And keep us updated on your progress.

Best wishes....

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Zookeeper 1. Welcome to the anxiety club. It's a big one.
    I have or had it off and on and just try to think positive and do deep breathing.

It's no fun, but not fatal. I too suggest Claire Weekes' book Hope and Help for Your Nerves for handling anxiety.

And there are lots of posts in the TMSWiki.org forums with suggestions on dealing with it.

6. Zookeeper1

Zookeeper1 New Member

HI ELLEN SORRY TO BOTHER U AGAIN but ok I did what u said and clicked Alan Gordon recovery program,,,,, but there is more stuff what number thread do u want me to click on and read????? THANK YOU

7. Zookeeper1

Zookeeper1 New Member

HI WALT WERE do u want me to go which forum
    THANK YOU

8. Ellen