1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

( head symptoms)can you point me in the direction of people who have had head symptoms .

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by nelle, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Nelle stop trying to look for symptoms that other people have. Fear is the answer, once you can overcome the fear you will be cured. As Dr Sarno said the brain will not be denied, in other words once you fix one symptom it will move to another to keep you in a cycle of fear. A lot of times it moves to what ever is the popular injury of this time. Your brain needs anxiety relief to cover up the anger. But ultimately you are healthy, go be free as you are intended to be.

You have the power to overcome the fear, each time it comes look at it for what it is. Stand up to the fear, it can't hurt you. Good luck.

Ryan

Lady Phoenix and nelle like this.
  2. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Peer Supporter

I also had pain in my jaw. In fact, my migraine pain would move around from my temple to my crown, to my jaw, my neck and my ear. This was actually "evidence" of TMS although I did not realize this at the time. The book was so helpful because it explained the inconsistencies that often occur with TMS. In college I would get a cramp in my jaw that would spread to my entire head. Very painful. Now I realize this was TMS also.

Ines likes this.
  3. Lady Phoenix

I am saving this info for future possible use. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

No jaw issues. Head, neck, ears, sinuses.

5. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

hello Yulia 1975

I get a tight jaw from clenching my teeth .

6. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Thank you Tom for the list of practitioners in the uk , i will look in to it .
    I currently do not have any spare finances for such things .
    But it is good to know that they are there !!

so thank you

Nelle x

7. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Ah silly me , its what im already doing i see . You sound like you are doing so well , im really pleased for you !!!. The cure just seams so bizarre to me , that one can get better in that way . Or that our bodies would give us such trouble. I will stick with it . thanks so much for sharing . xx

Ines likes this.
  8. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Great advice , im doing what you've said and also holding a
    point on my hand as instructed in the unlearn your pain book . Its a point that is meant to help reprogram the brain . xx

Lady Phoenix likes this.
  9. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Thank you all, its so good not to feel so alone with it and to know that other people have got better .
    Love to you all on your journey .

Ines likes this.
  10. Lady Phoenix

I know the cure seems bizarre. It only seems so because we have been programmed otherwise since we were very young. It's difficult to keep your mind open enough to let it work. Once it starts working, and it will, you will be so inspired. Keep trying Nelle.

nelle likes this.
  11. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Nelle, there are ever deepening levels of understanding TMS, everyone goes through them, as I still am. Consciousness expands as we open our hearts to accept what already is. I just wanted to say that as you more deeply understand yourself (which is how TMS healing occurs) you will discover that this type of question is a problem in healing. There are no "types" of pain once you get deeper into it. There is no difference between anxiety or back or hand or foot or head pain, etc. As you crawl down into the rabbit hole ever further you will see that asking for certain types of pain, or wanting to see "segmentation of symptoms" is languishing in futility. At that point you'll begin to move ahead again. A headache is no different than an ulcer. The desire to see them as different is problematic, but it does enable us to connect to others in order to ease our fear. It's ok to ask, but understand the problem.

12. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If you feel you need the help of a TMS practitioner, don't let finances stop you. Explain your situation and they will likely work-out a postponed payment plan, or help you pro-bono. TMS practitioners are used to working with sufferers who have been financially wiped out by ALL the other modalities they have spent their money on. TMS is usually only a small part of any physician's or counselor's practice due to so few people willing to accept the DX. They may be glad to find someone to practice on.

nelle, Ines and Lady Phoenix like this.
  13. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

I do see what you mean , but i think when one is at the beginning of opening oneself to recovery and diagnosis of tms , it is helpful to know that it has worked for people who have had similar problems . Evidence

Ines likes this.
  14. Lady Phoenix

You are right Nelle. When I was in so much pain and trying to learn about TMS, so much was focused on back pain and RSI. I would search so much and be so disappointed when I found so few success stories that dealt with headaches. That was the reason I wrote my success story for people going through that.

But, of course, Steve is so right! It doesn't matter and in hindsight it will hold you back because it focuses on the physical. You need to get to the point where you stop thinking about the physical and realize it's psychological. You are feeding the pain by worrying about symptoms. You are a healthy woman whose brain is playing tricks on you. You can make it stop.

Ines likes this.
  15. Elana

Elana New Member

This forum sooo resonated with me! I have been having pressure towards the back of my head for a few years now. It is so good to read other people's descriptions of similar experiences (I'm not the only crazy one after all!), and to know that it does get better. Thank you all for sharing!

16. rachel454

rachel454 Newcomer

Hey, I’m having the same things as you along with pressure. Did you ever get better?