1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Pain Cure Clinic

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shmps, Dec 14, 2017.

1. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

I know about TMS very well and believe strongly in it. I dont need knowledge or therapy to convince myself to believe that pain is psychosomatic. I have known this for 3 years and followed Alan's recovery program. It has helped me a lot however I am not completely healed. I thought, will give pain cure clinic a try and my first session is tomorrow. Just wanted to get some feedback on them and how they can help differently that what we have already learnt or did so far.

2. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

3. Timbercat

Hi shmps. I went thru the Pain Cure Clinic before I discovered tms wiki. I had two skype sessions with John Thornton @ $175.00 each for 1.5 hr each. He recovered from back pain and his partner from RA using Sarno's approach. He has added an exercise component which he calls "physicality" and provides an action plan after talking to you and figuring out what seems to be contributing to your symptoms. Also provides a list of books to read - many of which are found on this site. His action plan for me was a little too aggressive and when the symptom imperative set in, I could not keep up. He is a coach and has no credentials for counselling and he is quite straightforward about that. A couple of people have posted that they had great success with him recently. If I find those posts I ll let u know. For me, i needed more follow up and counselling and could not afford his fee of $125.00 for 1 hr sessions. That was just my experience. I think he is competent but expensive.

4. Timbercat

Ok there are two recent threads posted in success stories subforum . One by Katie Scissor and another by War Eagle Man - both had great success with pain cure clinic. Hope that helps. Good luck.

5. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Thanks so much for your reply. This was good information for me.

6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah, if you look at the posting history of these two members, they have each posted two different success stories at two different times, but the length and structure of all four stories are practically identical. Two of them were reported by a very alert member. I suspect we're being spammed by Pain Cure Clinic.

plum, Ellen and shmps like this.
  7. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Thanks!!

8. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Shmps, have you tried either of our free programs? The SEP was designed by Forest and early volunteers of the wiki and the forum, using many different resources and techniques. It's what I did back in 2011 when I discovered Dr. Sarno. Our newest program is the Pain Recovery Program (there's a scrolling link at the top of every forum page) which was generously donated by our good friend, Alan Gordon, LCSW.

9. shmps

shmps Peer Supporter

Yes, I have seen a TMS therapist from Alan's team and she to me has been a god send. I learnt how to change my relationship with fear and how to be outcome independent.
    No, I have not any structured program or journalling or meditation. I dont know what holds me back. All I believe in and have done in last 3 years since I have known TMS, is Alan's work. I have done the pain recovery program.