Recent content by kbarlow

  1. kbarlow

    Podcasts

    I have found many TMS related clips on youtube, interviews etc, etc. So I have used this site http://www.listentoyoutube.com/ (Youtube to MP3 Converter | Fast, Free, and Easy by ListentoYouTube.com) to convert them to audio files which I can then listen to while jogging or driving.
  2. kbarlow

    Even if I believe, I'm worried I won't get better

    The thing to remember is that you cannot feel those repressed emotions. Thats what the pain is there for, to distract you because those feelings are too much for you to handle consciously. Well thats what your unconscious mind thinks anyway. If you can feel emotions, they are nothing to do...
  3. kbarlow

    crying and depression

    I'm going through exactly the same thing. I was originally diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. Then, after the Consultant Urologist recommended having my bladder removed I told him thanks but no thanks. I then delved into my own research and was re-diagnosed with Chronic Pelvic Pain...
  4. kbarlow

    Has anyone experienced worse symptoms after learning about TMS and believing it?

    Hello Celayne, I've had pretty much the same experience. I was at my desk working and was watching a youtube clip of Dr Sarno explaining TMS. It all just clicked and suddenly everything made sense. By the time the 10-15 min clip had finished I realised that my pain had gone ! I then read...
  5. kbarlow

    Dreams - Do they really show us the way ?

    I don't get a lot of sleep. In fact I've not slept whole night through for over 10 years. So it's a nice surprise to start having dreams. I've certainly started having more since I started my TMS healing journey and more recently I've been able to remember them vividly. So, the big question...
  6. kbarlow

    Going Public

    I really appreciate the feedback, thanks very much everyone for taking the time. My theory is that by "coming out" as a TMS'r would help drive the message from my conscious mind to my unconscious mind that I am fully aware of what is going on. Given that this goes very much against my...
  7. kbarlow

    Going Public

    Having had (what I now know is) TMS for over 10 years I have never really disclosed it. As I was originally diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and then later on it was Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, there are only family and close friends that know I have "something". More recently I...
  8. kbarlow

    Issues with my feet

    While I am now 100% convinced that my pelvic, abdominal and bladder issues are all TMS, I have only recently started to suspect that this other issue could be too. For a while now I have had dry, flakey skin on the soles of my feet. I also have blotchy skin on the sides and top of my feet...
  9. kbarlow

    Angry with myself

    While doing some free-writing (journaling) I found my anger turned towards myself. I was attempting to try and release some supressed anger through writing. I started by throwing some stuff out there about how other people had frustrated me but I hadn't expressed my anger. But then it turned...
  10. kbarlow

    Ten years and counting....is this the end ?

    Hello people, I'm so glad I found Dr Sarno recently while searching for the "answer". I'm looking for some re-assurance and support. I am convinced that what I have is TMS but would love to hear what others think. I am a 47 year old male, married with 2 kids. Back around 2003-2004 I...
Back
Top