1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Angry with myself

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kbarlow, May 11, 2017.

1. kbarlow

kbarlow New Member

While doing some free-writing (journaling) I found my anger turned towards myself. I was attempting to try and release some supressed anger through writing.
    I started by throwing some stuff out there about how other people had frustrated me but I hadn't expressed my anger. But then it turned on myself. I started writing about how I was p*ssed off with myself for not doing things in the past, or behaving a certain way in the past.
    It was all related to the "Goodist" in that these were situations where I had put other people first or not done something that I wanted to do.

Has anyone else been through this ?
    Is it a good thing to rip yourself to pieces ?

I certainly felt anger while I wrote so it must have done something right ?

I'm interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this, many thanks :)

2. PAwoodchopper

PAwoodchopper New Member

I can't answer your question regarding whether it's good to rip yourself apart, but I think it shows where you may have a problem. I also think that's probably a common scenario with the TMS personalities, but again I'm no expert. I've noticed personally I have plenty of similar instances, where deep down I realize I'm frustrated with myself. Everything from not being where I want to be in my professional life, to passing up opportunities to enjoy life a little more etc. So like you, the goodist in me skipped a trip with my wife her work was paying for, and instead of a great 4 day vacation with her I stayed and worked for fear of angering a client if I wasn't. I can't go back and change it, but I regret not going. And moreso, I realize I place so much value on trying to impress or cater to others that I overlook myself. I think that's the bigger message here. It's a hard one to break too, but soul searching and learning from your experiences will only benefit you in the long run.