1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now US Daylight Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with MatthewNJ as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Angry with myself

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kbarlow, May 11, 2017.

1. kbarlow

kbarlow New Member

While doing some free-writing (journaling) I found my anger turned towards myself. I was attempting to try and release some supressed anger through writing.
    I started by throwing some stuff out there about how other people had frustrated me but I hadn't expressed my anger. But then it turned on myself. I started writing about how I was p*ssed off with myself for not doing things in the past, or behaving a certain way in the past.
    It was all related to the "Goodist" in that these were situations where I had put other people first or not done something that I wanted to do.

Has anyone else been through this ?
    Is it a good thing to rip yourself to pieces ?

I certainly felt anger while I wrote so it must have done something right ?

I'm interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this, many thanks :)

2. PAwoodchopper

PAwoodchopper New Member

I can't answer your question regarding whether it's good to rip yourself apart, but I think it shows where you may have a problem. I also think that's probably a common scenario with the TMS personalities, but again I'm no expert. I've noticed personally I have plenty of similar instances, where deep down I realize I'm frustrated with myself. Everything from not being where I want to be in my professional life, to passing up opportunities to enjoy life a little more etc. So like you, the goodist in me skipped a trip with my wife her work was paying for, and instead of a great 4 day vacation with her I stayed and worked for fear of angering a client if I wasn't. I can't go back and change it, but I regret not going. And moreso, I realize I place so much value on trying to impress or cater to others that I overlook myself. I think that's the bigger message here. It's a hard one to break too, but soul searching and learning from your experiences will only benefit you in the long run.