Recent content by Barleymow

  1. B

    Paraplegia

    I have an acquaintance who had a snowboarding accident many years ago and had a spinal cord injury and has been paraplegic and in a WC for 20 years. He says his legs hurt constantly—they feel like they are on fire—which I believe is pretty common with such a condition. Is anyone familiar with...
  2. B

    Journaling question

    I first learned of TMS by googling “chronic pain” in the iTunes podcasts and finding Nicole Sachs. I have been following her program since February or March, journaling every day except one. I decided to move to this program in order to leave no stone unturned but found almost immediately that...
  3. B

    Day 5 New pain in finger

    I did some gardening last evening and sometime thereafter felt severe pain in my left ring finger. I did not recall an injury and the gardening I did was not strenuous enough to cause this sort of pain. This morning it was even more painful and has continued so all day, preventing me from even...
  4. B

    Day 4 Most discouraging thing a doctor told me

    I had been having some dizziness, lightheadedness, brain fog. I did my own research and found that these can be symptoms of fibromyalgia. I went to my doctor, a woman, and asked her about this. She told me no, those things are just part of getting old (around 63 at the time) and sent me for a...
  5. B

    Day 3 Under stress

    I am under more than usual stress right now involving the complete remodeling of a long-decommissioned bathroom in my 90+ year old house. This includes not only the obvious expense but the decisions, comparison shopping, someone in the house for hours every day, the noise, and the unexpected...
Back
Top