1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journaling question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Barleymow, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

I first learned of TMS by googling “chronic pain” in the iTunes podcasts and finding Nicole Sachs. I have been following her program since February or March, journaling every day except one. I decided to move to this program in order to leave no stone unturned but found almost immediately that daily journaling from the three lists is an integral part. Not sure how to handle. Yesterday I re-journaled on a topic I previously covered with JournalSpeak and got nothing, it just felt repetitive. I had actually just about exhausted my three lists, which is one reason I thought to try something else. Is there any benefit to repeating myself all over again? Because my heart really isn’t in it.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Not everybody finds journaling helpful. While some people credit journaling for their recovery, others don't. I am one of those who did not benefit from daily journaling, yet I fully recovered. I am a firm believer that each one of us is a unique person with a unique set of circumstances that led to TMS, therefore, each one of us may have a unique path to recovery.

The only thing that we all share in common is understanding that root of our pain is psychological and that repressed emotions can cause physical pain. How do you get from this understanding being point A to the point B (being pain-free) ? I suggest that you try whatever is recommended by others or what you intuitively think may work for you.

I recovered by combining different approaches into my own routine. Instead of jouranling, I posted and read on this forum a lot and it helped me tremendously. Meditation helped me a lot - other people didn't, but they healed as well as I did.

My advice: be brave, be creative and persistent and you win!

Barleymow likes this.
  3. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

Thanks!