1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Paraplegia

Discussion in 'Research' started by Barleymow, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

I have an acquaintance who had a snowboarding accident many years ago and had a spinal cord injury and has been paraplegic and in a WC for 20 years. He says his legs hurt constantly—they feel like they are on fire—which I believe is pretty common with such a condition. Is anyone familiar with any TMS research on pain with paraplegia. I think there is some non-conclusive research on phantom limb pain, which is the closest thing I can think of. But one can only imagine the rage this young, athletic recently married man has felt since the day of his accident 20 years ago, assuming rage is a factor in TMS. Thanks!