1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Under stress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Barleymow, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

I am under more than usual stress right now involving the complete remodeling of a long-decommissioned bathroom in my 90+ year old house. This includes not only the obvious expense but the decisions, comparison shopping, someone in the house for hours every day, the noise, and the unexpected surprises that always occur with an old house. But I find myself without a generally elevated level of pain. Just a few little twinges here and there which I know for a fact are TMS. So I am feeling better today, under this extreme stress, than I did on my best days during the last year. Encouragement.

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

A lot of people new to Sarno might ask 'If this is caused by stress and anger, then how do I do my stressful anger provoking Job?'

I have found that as long as I remain aware of how angry I am OK... just like you and the remodel . I work in construction and have seen many TMS attacks by clients while we have their home torn apart. Think about it... it's fundamental existential threat... I am temporarily destroying their 'safe' space. Their 'cave'.

I have a standing rule for doing remodels. I will remodel your kitchen and I will remodel your bathroom, but never simultaneously. The place you eat and the place you poop should never be out of commission at the same time. Before I instituted this rule I got a LOT of tense customers (LOL)

and I never start before 8 or work past 5 no matter HOW fast they want it done

You'll have lots more of these!

cheers

3. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

Thanks!