1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 New pain in finger

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Barleymow, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

I did some gardening last evening and sometime thereafter felt severe pain in my left ring finger. I did not recall an injury and the gardening I did was not strenuous enough to cause this sort of pain. This morning it was even more painful and has continued so all day, preventing me from even bending that finger. I know for an absolute fact that this is a symptom imperative and have been telling my brain so all day. While it is a nuisance, it doesn’t bother me in the least because I know that symptom imperatives are signs that the program is working. So I will carry on, observe the pain casually, do my gardening and continue to have faith.

2. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

Keep going, you're on the right track. I remember it was March of this year just before the pandemic hit my country that i learned about Dr Sarno, i was a guy who couldn't stand up for more than 5 mins with multiple disc raptures in my back, thought my life is just a mess now as i'm never gonna be normal like others which was wrong and here i'm now like 5 months after with a pain scale of 8/10 to around 3/10 now, i do play soccer these days and i have occasionall tingling on my right calf aswell as my fingers but things are going good, i'm doing great is i know this is just my mind trying desperately to keep me on the doubt but i care less now as reading gave me insights and now i don't care a shit about if the pain is there or not, if it's gonna take another 6 months i'm fine because overtime it has taught me something about myself which existed but never realized. Bdw what helped me from then is a simple thing, ignoring the pain or any sensation, i found this to be the greatest tool, any sensation is a distraction and if it cannot distract you it serves no purpse so just keep going, you're gonna heal one day. Don't look at the calendar and just do what you love to do, enjoy your life and if you do feel sensation just remind yourself that, for example sitting still hurts me but now when i do sit, i just remind myself that i'm fine, sitting does not hurt me and again here i'm from a person who couldn't sit for 1 min can now sit perfectly for hours with bearable pain which back then was nearly impossible. I hope i can post my full success story soon on this forum but i don't want to as i want to completely banish it. Ignore any sensation, once you reach to the point that any sensation does not bother you, your pain or any sensation servers no purpose and will eventually leave you. Good luck.

Barleymow likes this.
  3. Barleymow

Barleymow New Member

Thanks!