Recent content by 331

  1. 3

    Day 6 I was cheated on: Blame vs. Responsibility

    "Counterfactuals" is a great word. I'm going to have to start using that. Much of what I'm concentrating on now is to not accept responsibility for anyone else's thoughts, emotions or behaviors. As I refuse to do it, I'm realizing how common it is for others to seek people to carry their...
  2. 3

    Day 6 I was cheated on: Blame vs. Responsibility

    Thanks, nowtimecoach. I'm starting to feel some of the positive effects of just letting my feelings out without judgement. As you know, it takes practice. But, I just don't care what anyone thinks anymore. I'm realizing that the rewards of keeping my feelings bottled up seem to belong to the...
  3. 3

    Depression and recovery

    All my life I've had depression symptoms. Even though I can tick every box on a "do you have depression?" checklist, and it is persistent, I still feel like it is low level. Maybe I'm minimizing it. With this in mind, I want to ask the forum what the relationship is between depression and TMS...
  4. 3

    Day 6 I was cheated on: Blame vs. Responsibility

    One of the difficult life events that I'm journaling about is that I was cheated on in a previous relationship. While I don't believe I made my then girlfriend cheat (I realize she had alternatives), I do see how my actions were damaging the relationship (fyi - none of the problems I caused in...
  5. 3

    Day 1 2nd time around

    Thanks for reminding me of those questions, Stella. For some reason my focus goes elsewhere and I forget that TMS is linked to the things you indicate: perfection, expectations, suppressed rage, control, etc. On the surface, I don't see myself as having tendencies toward these traits. But, when...
  6. 3

    Day 1 2nd time around

    I've had years of mysterious ailments. Foot pain, numb legs, coccydynia, testicular pain, digestive issues, reflux, allergies, head/neck/shoulder/elbow/wrist/hand pain and tingling. These physical symptoms have coincided with mild, but persistent, depression and fatigue. I went to doctors for...
Back
Top