1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS/CPPS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Cygnus2122, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Cygnus2122

Cygnus2122 Newcomer

Hello.

First of all Im new here and I’m glad I’ve found this group.

So I’ve got prostatitis and I’ve been to my urologist and have been taking Doxycycline for it. I don’t think it’s helping because it doesn’t seem to be going away.

So I start looking on the internet and it sounds like I’ve got CPPS.

My symptoms are mainly muscle and neurological not urinary, I don’t feel like I have to pee all the time.

The discomfort I get is when I’m sitting down or standing still. I’ll get a dull ache feeling in my prostate area and that spreads to my thighs as a muscle burning feeling and from that I’ll get these little nerve sting sensations every now and then.

The reason I feel it’s TMS though is because, like everyone says, if I’m distracted I don’t experience any of that.

For example.

On the 29th of June I had to organize a event and while I was busy working on that everything was back to normal, there was no symptoms, but when I was in my car on the way there I had the symptoms because I have it in my head that the drive is going to be uncomfortable.

I work at a desk for the majority of the day and the first part of the day I’m a little anxious that it’s going to flare up but then I get focused on work and I don’t notice it as bad, then toward the end of the day when things slow down my mind wonders again and here come the symptoms.

I’ve stopped looking online because I think I’ve researched everything and I’ve really been freaked out thinking I have something wrong with my peudendal nerve, but if it was a nerve entrapment I don’t think it would just stop by being distracted by something.

Sorry if this is rambling but I’m just glad I've found this place.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Since you're being seen by a doc, it really can't hurt to assume that you can find relief by treating your symptoms as TMS. The great thing about TMS is that it's non-invasive, and costs almost nothing (depends on how many books you purchase - I got my first copy of The Divided Mind from my library).

I won't create a big list of things for you to read or look into at this point - just be sure to read lots of our Success Stories (on the Success Stories subforum) and see what resonates with you. Many people in those stories will recommend our Structured Educational Program and/or Alan Gordon's Recovery Program in addition to the particular set of techniques that worked for them. And of course you do need to read at least one of Dr. Sarno's books right away if you haven't already done so. The wiki and the forum exist in his honor and memory.

Good luck!

~Jan