1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sudeck disease

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by miquelb3, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

My wife got CRPS (Sudeck disease) after a difficult bone fracture in her arm.
    Yes, with no doubt, she knows CRPS is a manifestation (one more!) of the TMS. She's trying to make the «emotional connection»and to think psychological.... but unfortunately pain and swelling don't stop.
    She's fully convinced of the value and importance of dr. Sarno concepts.
    Yes, she knows what to do: more conviction and
    deeper understanding !!!!! ....but HOW?
    Help, please!!
    Thanks a lot.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Miquel,

I broke a bone in my foot about 4 years ago and the pain continued for 6 months. I remember calling the doctor's office and when I tried to tell his nurse what was happening I started crying. I was overwhelmed and frustrated and scared. The doctor was no help, but I stumbled on Mind Over Back Pain and knew that was the answer. I read other Sarno books and Steve Ozanich's too. I lurked on the forum for awhile and did the SEP, then I began posting. I learned to do mindful meditations and listened to Claire Weekes. I got well, learned a lot about myself and my other TMS symptoms so that they only last minutes to a few days. I want to encourage your wife, she can be well. She has a sort of phantom pain, like someone with an amputation. My foot would continue to swell off and on for several months after the pain was gone. For a long time I didn't realize it was also TMS, once I did it stopped.

Lizzy

3. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

Thanks a lot, Lizzy !

Yes, my wife is fully convinced that she has TMS, created by her hypervigilant an overprotective brain. She has overcame recently an entire life of painful migraines by just understanding its real origin. Doctors say Sudeck disease is another "mysterious condition" that will resolve with time... but all we know what is all that conundrum.
    According dr. Sarno and others when you discover the brain's distraction strategy the condition disapears. That's not the case with my wife: although the pain is lessening a severe swelling and restriction of movements in the fingers persist.
    "Let time pass". But that's the "remedy" suggested by the "medical stablishment" !
    Anyhow, thanks again, Lizzy!

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Miquel,

It sounds like you're wife is well on her way!

Dr. Sarno does say when we understand it goes away, but not always do we understand when we discover that the cause is in the mind. That's why he had classes, or discussion groups. It seems like when someone has the symptom imperative that they have to dig a little deeper into TMS work. I don't mean therapy, just reading 15 minutes every day, the SEP, or Alan Gordon's program etc. She's stopped her migraine headaches, which is fantastic. I wish my mom and daughter believed that the brain could cause them, they are both in so much pain.

Lizzy