1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery from 20 years of fibromyalgia and a lifetime of migraines

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ellen, Apr 4, 2015.

1. fbcoach

fbcoach Peer Supporter

Hi Ellen,
    I really want to thank you for sharing your success story. I have had a set-back this past summer and have found it hard to get back to where I was (it seems to be a matter of being confident in the diagnosis). You articulated your experience so well, that it just seems so genuine. Again, thank you for sharing at a much needed time in my recovery.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Pia

Pia Peer Supporter

Thank you so much - I've just started understanding and experiencing how TMS works in my body. Reading your story gives me hope - I will read your notes over and over - thank you <3

Ellen likes this.
  3. ladyofthelake

ladyofthelake Peer Supporter

Thanks for this story and advice. I can relate to everything you say.

Ellen likes this.
  4. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Ellen, the video you reference by the urologist is no longer available. I could use a miracle right now as another migraine comes on... have experienced every other kind of miraculous recovery, especially lower right hip/back/glute pain and interstitial cystitis.

5. MigraineSky

MigraineSky Newcomer

Ellen, this is a great success story with many great pearls of wisdom for all those who want to know how to recover from TMS. I too believe you can recover but not cure. So many of us have relapses or deal with TMS equivalents like the ones you mentioned above. I consider these an opportunity to make needed changes in my life and relationships.

Lizzy and Ellen like this.
  6. Andy B

Andy B Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellen,
    I never read your story until it came to my attention by someone else. I love this write-up. It is so detailed and clear, and I think could be/has been helpful to so many others. Thank you.
    Andy B

Ellen likes this.
  7. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

This was wonderful to revisit this morning as I find myself with a new pain the past month, intermittent. I am trying not to catastrophize!
    I am on vacation, which is a dicey time for me, outside of my regular safety and structure. I'm super-focused on noise around me, wanting silence, and laughing at myself that I took myself away from my quiet home to get quiet and find myself surrounded by golf carts, children on Easter/Passover/spring break and longing for peace.
    I have found a YouTube channel that plays ten hours of the sound of rain. It's better than white noise! Still as I write, I feel the hot pain in my left side of my neck. I think it's time to let the pain write something to me. I am clearly not listening to whatever is really beneath the symptom.
    I've been too surprised by the symptom to settle into TMS recovery.
    Grateful to have read your story again this morning!

she333 and Ellen like this.