1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Extra Healing Back Pain/The Mindbody Prescription' DVD.

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by georgethee, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

EVERYONE: If you read this entire thread, you will see that the search for this material appears to be a dead end. This forum has no control over links that are removed remotely by owners of copyrighted or DRM-protected material.

It's my personal opinion that searching for old lectures by Dr. Sarno (and there is a big uptick in such searches recently, which is odd) is just a distraction created by the TMS brain mechanism, as a way to avoid doing the real work. That work can be started right now via our Structured Educational Program or Alan Gordon's program - completely free and with no registration required. The only recommended prerequisite is to read one of Dr. Sarno's books and to make a commitment to sticking with the work even when it gets hard.

Personally, I always recommend Dr. Sarno's last book, The Divided Mind, which was published 16 years after Healing Back Pain and includes updated information (as of 2007) and additional experts (and there has been even more new knowledge about the neuroscience of chronic pain since 2007).

If you want contemporary TMS lectures from someone who worked directly with Dr. Sarno, that person is Nicole Sachs, LCSW, and her audio podcast (available on all the platforms) is The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW. Start with the first episode, when she started the podcast in fall of 2018. People who listen to Nicole invariably report that it's time well spent.

All of this being said, if you still think that you reeeeeally need to buy a Sarno DVD, someone posted a new purchase source on this thread - but of course that is not an endorsement, and I don't know the individual running the site, nor how good the DVD is. I also expect that the video is NOT available digitally, nor will it ever be, because digital rights are a whole additional legal layer of technical permissions - which would be expensive to put together, and undoubtedly not worth the cost to whoever owns the original rights to the video (which is probably not even this particular vendor - he may only hold a resale license - hopefully).

Good luck!

5/7/23 edit: an excellent video by Dr Raschbaum is still here: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/watch-these-two-tms-videos-and-all-your-questions-will-be-answered.17360/ (Watch These Two TMS Videos and ALL Your Questions Will Be Answered)

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    Dahlmann and ChronicVince like this.
  2. Dahlmann

Dahlmann New Member