The Healthy Mind Radio Show with Dr. Peter Zafirides
Some users have reported not being able to access the web site for the show. As a result, links on this page to that site may not work and may lead you to an error page. Dr. Zafirides reports that he is working on the problem. If you find a dead link we recommend that you come back later.
- 11/29/2011: Realize Your True Strength!
- 12/06/2011: A Better Night's Sleep
- 12/13/2011: Overcoming Holiday Stress
- 12/20/2011: Break Out of the Status Quo
- 12/28/2011: Overcoming Procrastination
- 1/03/2012: Setting Healthy Goals (Part 1)
- 1/10/2012: Setting Healthy Goals (Part 2)
- 1/17/2012: Stress and Heart Health
- 01/24/2012: Vitamin D and Dr. Cannell (Part 1)
- 01/31/2012: Vitamin D and Dr. Cannell (Part 2)
- 02/07/2012: Fish Oil and Your Mood, Dr. Sears Interview
- 02/14/2012: Communicating More Effectively
- 02/21/2012: Conquering Fear and Doubt
- 02/28/2012: Chronic Pain and Emotions - Dr. Schubiner Interview
- 3/06/2012: Why Stress is Deadly
- 3/13/2012: Unlocking Creativity - Dr. Anthony McCaffry Interview
- 3/20/2012: Improving Attention (the Invisible Gorilla)
- 3/27/2012: Cognitive Dissonance: Secrets of a Powerful Tool of Persuasion
- 4/04/2012: How to Create Loving Relationships: Interview with Dr. Goodstone
- 4/11/2012: The Mind-Body Connection: How Stress Causes Illness
- 4/18/2012: How Existential Anxiety Plays a Role in Physical Pain
- 4/25/2012: Depression Update: The Latest News, Research, and Information
- 5/02/2012: Anxiety: Why Negative Thoughts Hurt so Much
- 5/09/2012: How to Find Joy That Lasts
- 5/17/2012: Dr. Georgianna Doradio Interview: How to Immediately Transform Our Relationships
- 5/23/2012: Motivation Secrets: The Power of the 15 Minute Rule Technique
- 5/30/2012: Dr. Barry Sears Interview: Fish Oils and Your Health
- 6/6/2012: Happiness: The Art of Setting Limits
- 6/13/2012: Understanding Anger: Where it Comes From and How to Control It
- 6/20/2012: Resilience: How Adversity Makes us Stronger
- 6/27/2012: Understanding the Incredible Power of Our Thoughts
- 7/04/202: How Emotions Affect Our Body: Chronic Pain
- 7/11/2012: Emotions and Logic: A Complex Relationship
- 7/18/2012: Achieving Success by Overcoming Barriers
- 8/02/2012: Internet Addiction: The Dark Side of Our Digital World
- 8/08/2012: Stress and Illness: How Anxiety Attacks Your Body
Contacting the show
Dr. Zafirides can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. He has mentioned several times that he is interested in receiving feedback about the show and providing follow up information (such as links to sites mentioned during the show) through this email account. Even better, Dr. Zafirides is an active member of this wiki and will be notified of any posts made at the bottom of the page, so that is an even easier way to contact him.
Interview with Dr. Howard Schubiner
In February of 2012, Dr. Zafirides interviewed PPD practitioner, Howard Schubiner. In the interview Dr. Schubiner discussed how he became interested in the PPD approach and how he developed his own treatment approach. The interview can be listened to on the Healthy Mind website.
Archive of Previous Shows
The wiki has permission to archive previous episodes of The Healthy Mind Radio Show. Episodes will be added periodically.
These broadcast are also available by download through the following links:
About Peter Zafirides
Dr. Peter Zafirides is a psychiatrist in Columbus, Ohio. He is President and Co-Founder of Central Ohio Behavioral Medicine (COBM). Established in 1997, COBM is a premier behavioral healthcare practice with a multidisciplinary staff of MD, NP, RN, PhD, LISW, and LPCC clinicians. Dr Zafirides is also Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry at Ohio State University. Dr. Zafirides' specific interest is in the psychiatric aspects of chronic pain management. He been published in this area of Psychiatry. Dr. Zafirides continues to be an active speaker on Psychiatric Aspects of Chronic Pain, speaking both nationally and internationally on this subject. Dr. Zafirides has incorporated core TMS principles along with his orientation in existential psychotherapy as part of his psychiatric practice for the last 10 years. Several years ago, Dr Zafirides was fortunate enough to have spent time in New York personally learning from Dr. Sarno.
You may also be interested in
- Main page on Dr. Zafirides
- The Invisible Gorilla and...TMS?, by Peter Zafirides, MD
- The Monkey Trap, by Peter Zafirides
- Dr. Zafirides is listed in the Ohio section of the wiki's Find a Doctor or Therapist list.
- TMS Wiki Profile
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.|