TMS in the UK
We are keeping this page to preserve the history of the TMS Wiki. However, we are no longer updating this page. As a result the information on this page is outdated. Please keep this in mind while reading this page.
The TMS Wiki and the UK
The TMS Wiki has always had a great relationship with the online TMS community from the UK. For example, in the month leading up to the writing of this sentence, we've had 1248 visits from 71 cities in the UK. About half of our most active editors are from the UK (HilaryN, Pandamonium and Flutterby), and once or twice a year, they will have some sort of meetup in the UK (like this one). ... So welcome to the wiki and please introduce yourself in our General Discussion Forum!
UK TMS Professionals
- Georgie Oldfield, MCSP is a physiotherapist in West Yorkshire who runs Pain Relief West Yorkshire and tmsrecovery.com. She is also the author a DVD and CD entitled TMS Recovery: Mind-Body Breakthrough in Pain Relief. Georgie Oldfield's TMS Wiki Survey Response / Georgie Oldfield'sTMS Wiki Profile. Georgie complies with the wiki's Conflict of Interest Policy and is in good standing.
- Dr Nicholas Straiton FRCS, DM-S Med, MLCOM works in Brighton. Dr. Straiton's TMS Wiki Survey Response
- See also Find a Doctor or Therapist (UK section)
- (Feel free to add information about UK TMS professionals to this list. See our Conflict of Interest policy.)
UK TMS psychotherapists
Currently (May 2009) there are no TMS psychotherapists, however here are some suggestions:
- Find a psychodynamic therapist at UKCP and ask them if they would be willing to read one of Dr Sarno's books and take a TMS approach.
- See also "Must My Therapist believe in TMS?" and "I like my therapist, but she doesn't know about TMS" on the Q&A with an Expert page, and How to Choose a Psychotherapist by Hasanna Fletcher
- HilaryN123 adds: " I found "The Journey" by Brandon Bays to be helpful when recovering from my RSI. I have also found Body Psychotherapy useful for exploring the emotions further ."
Note: You can usually contact wiki users through their TMS wiki profile.
- HilaryN recovered from TMS/RSI in 2005, and has been a hard working TMS activist ever since. She is an IT Developer / Business Analyst in London. TMS Wiki Profile / Success Story
- Pandamonium09 suffered from chronic back pain for 10 years and as of Feb 09 she is 90% recovered. She is committed to helping other UK TMSers on their own path to recovery. TMS Wiki Profile / Success Story
- (please add your own username, general location, and a sentence about yourself. Don't reveal any personally identifiable information. You are encouraged to also add other people with their permission)
UK TMS Resources
- There was a meetup in Richmond on Wednesday, May 13th, at 7:30pm in The Cricketers. Contact me via my profile if you're interested in joining us for future events: HilaryN
- There was another meetup at the Back Show on the 4th of October in London. Hilary, Pandamonium, Daria, HilaryN and Louise-Levy were there. HilaryN wrote about the trip here and a discussion of it can be found here.
- More events can be found in our main Events page and the TMS-related Events and Announcements category of our discussion forum.
The TMS UK chat room
In case, UK TMSers ever want to get together to chat over the internet, they can use the chat room on this page. For a chat room like this, it is important to arrange beforehand to make sure that adequate people will be there before starting. However, if you wish to make such arrangements, the technical resources are available.
|A video or other embedded object hasn't been transferred over from the original TMS wiki yet. To see it, visit the original wiki page on Wetpaint, which is linked to in the box at the top of the page.|