TMSWiki:About Books & DVDs, etc. Pages
From The TMS Wiki
(Redirected from TMSWiki:Books & DVDs, etc. Pages)
Books, DVDs, and workbooks can be a great resource for TMS patients and have a significant impact on a person's recovery. While the wiki has several pages for specific books only a few of these are considered complete and at an acceptable level of quality. We strongly encourage any additions to book pages.
- Include the author's name, publisher and date the work was published
- Write a brief summary of the work and describe how it relates to TMS
- Links to Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Wikipedia's ISBN pages.
- If possible include a table of contents in the page
- One of the most beneficial aspects to add is reviews of the book. Quality reviews make the pages substantially better.
- Some books are available on Google books in their entirety or as a preview. If possible add this to the page.
- About the author information can be extremely helpful in letting users know more about the work
- Add any information about works the book cites or other works that cite the book
- It can be helpful to add any media coverage or spotlights of the book. Some talk show hosts do specials on certain self-help books, and create training programs for these books. Adding this information can provide credibility and notoriety to the book.
- Reviews of the book by TMSers
Where to Find Content
- Amazon.com is a great place to find book information, customer reviews, and book citations
- Google Books provides previews and some times complete books for free online
- Some authors have their own web pages that provide great biographical information
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.|