Please keep in mind that before treating any condition, including Achilles Tendonitis, as TMS or PPD, it is vitally important to consult with your physician in order to rule out any serious medical conditions. To learn more about TMS and PPD, and to help you figure out if you have it, visit our An Introduction to TMS page and watch the video there. Some more guidance in figuring out if this approach is right for you can be found in the video at the top of our So You Think You Might Have TMS page.
To contribute your own story of healing from TMS, please click here to see how to post it on the forum.
Achilles Tendonitis and TMS Success Stories
- salamander's story:In this story, Salamander discusses how he had a variety of PPD symptoms since he was 16 year old, including achilles tendonitis. His symptoms were so severe that he believed the only possible explanation was structural damage. How could one's unconscious mind create such extreme and debilitating pain? Through reading and rereading Dr. Sarno's books, Salamander began to accept the diagnosis and recover. Follow the link to read more about Salamander's TMS Success Story.
- Shelly's Success Story Shelly describes how pain in her Achilles tendon was so bad that she was unable to continue playing softball and cheerleading. She saw multiple doctors and even wore walking casts for over a month, yet nothing helped heal her pain. After about a year of being in chronic pain Shelly began Dr. Schubiner's meditation and journaling program and saw a rapid reduction in her chronic pain. She has now fully recovered and is back to playing sports and living a full life.
- Angelina B mentions overcoming achilles tendonitis in this thread.
- Waterbear is back to running after a year of lower limb musculoskeletal pains including achilles tendonitis.
- Enrique , a triathlete, overcomes achilles tendonitis and finishes a 5k run.
- No more suffering from achilles tendonitis for North Star after reading Dr. John Sarno's book.
Achilles Tendonitis referenced in TMS Books
No references documented yet. If you find some, put them here.
We want your success stories and other input! Feel free to add them to this page. See About editing Symptoms & Diagnoses pages to learn how.
This page is a stub. You can help by expanding it. Just click on the Edit tab at the top of the page, and make your changes. Don't forget to Save!
|DISCLAIMER: The TMS Wiki is for informational and support purposes only and does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations. See Full Disclaimer.