1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What do you tell yourself when you feel the fear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mifreddy, Aug 15, 2021.

1. mifreddy

mifreddy Newcomer

I have gastritis and LPR and I know I am currently in a vicious cycle of fearing the symptoms and then making it worse. I know everything is just a result of the anxiety and fear over the symptoms but I’m having such a hard time controlling it! What are things you tell yourself or do to help you snap out of it when you start feeling fear surrounding the pain and start focusing on it too much?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Mifreddy,

Excellent question.

take a look at this video on how to set your mind for rapid recovery. Do this exercise as often as possible for 2-3 days to drive fear away.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Hey mifreddy,

Apologies if you've seen this already, but somatic tracking is a very effective technique to regulate and reduce the anxiety (fear) associated with our symptoms. Here's Alan Gordon's segments on somatic tracking.
    New Program - Day 9: Somatic Tracking | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org)

New Program - Day 10: Somatic Tracking II: Anxiety Strikes Back | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org)

I highly recommend Alan's program. I've leaned on it very heavily in recent months to recovery from chronic fatigue and insomnia.

Ellen likes this.