Boston Redsox
Well Known Member
Can anyone suggest a TMS Dr in the Boston area .....it seems hard to believe the medical capital of the world as so few tms Dr.
Can anyone suggest one.
Can anyone suggest one.
There is Dr. Gwodz in N.J. (Summerset I believe). Other than my being able to give Dr. Sopher $300.00, and without an MRI,I have unlimited access. My next nearest choice is N.J as I don't believe Boston has one....its nothing for me to drive to Boston.may be worth contacting Benson Henry Institute, and I agree. seems odd that MA doesn't have anyone in the mindbody field apart from the aforementioned.
I know I am adverse to dishing out $300.00 to someone who will Skype with me but, has no medical info on me other than what i tell him, and can only a swer with an "I think, It seems"ect.Its just incredible that a place like Boston does not have numerous tms Dr and therapist its very puzzling why as this concept not taken here
He doesn't practice anymore because of a non TMS health problem. But he will talk to you for 300.00, I find that too much money for "talking and emails).It is ....I don't understand why they can't not cover our exam via the health ins avenue . especially if he a medical Dr a exam is a exam.
I have an appointment with him in a week or so. I need someone who is not doctrinaire either way, but who is aware of the cluster of TMS characteristics.
That's the only comment on this Dr there are not any others , does not sound like he see many patients who have tms
Thx you Tom for setting us straight you are the watch dog of this site.It sounds like you and Marcus need your TMS, as Dr. Sarno's contribution to the psychosomatic literature has stated, for a PROTECTOR, a defense mechanism. TMS is a very small part of any TMS savvy physician's practice. This is because, TMS is NOT even a blip on the allopathic medical/industrial complex's radar. $300 to get the cure? A pittance compared to what all of us who have suffered from psychosomatic ailments have spent on them chasing structural/pharmacological/complementary/snake-oyl solutions that haven't done a thing. TMS physicians should be charging $3,000 to $300,000 which is closer to what most of us have spent on the structural cure merry-go-round to nowhere. But if your employer's health-plan picks up all your costs, then paying a few bucks out of pocket does sound like an inconvenience, most spend $300 in a short period of time on booze, smokes, pot or what-ever.
It took me about 10 seconds to find a doc for you guys in Boston, all the known TMS physicians on the planet have been listed on the side-bar of the home page for years. TMS can play tricks on us hiding/protecting us from the "cure" because our sub-C needs our our TMS as a psychological defense mechanism as a TMS PROTECTOR from facing emotional issues head-on.
I was really thinking I would be getting a little thank-you Tom for finding you guys a TMS doc in Boston which is what you had asked for.