1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS DR IN BOSTON

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jul 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Can anyone suggest a TMS Dr in the Boston area .....it seems hard to believe the medical capital of the world as so few tms Dr.

Can anyone suggest one.

JoeB1 likes this.
  2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

may be worth contacting Benson Henry Institute, and I agree. seems odd that MA doesn't have anyone in the mindbody field apart from the aforementioned.

3. Boston Redsox

Went to Henry Benson institute was not impressed and did not know anything about tms very puzzling seeing he's one of the grandfather s of mind body

4. Markus

Markus Guest

There is Dr. Gwodz in N.J. (Summerset I believe). Other than my being able to give Dr. Sopher $300.00, and without an MRI,I have unlimited access. My next nearest choice is N.J as I don't believe Boston has one....its nothing for me to drive to Boston.

Mark.

5. Boston Redsox

I spoke to Dr Sopher via email , but I told him I was not comfortable with being exaimed via Skype . I did not think this would be suffient for me .

Marytabby likes this.
  6. Boston Redsox

Its just incredible that a place like Boston does not have numerous tms Dr and therapist its very puzzling why as this concept not taken here

7. Markus

Markus Guest

I know I am adverse to dishing out $300.00 to someone who will Skype with me but, has no medical info on me other than what i tell him, and can only a swer with an "I think, It seems"ect.

8. Boston Redsox

It is ....I don't understand why they can't not cover our exam via the health ins avenue . especially if he a medical Dr a exam is a exam.

9. Markus

Markus Guest

He doesn't practice anymore because of a non TMS health problem. But he will talk to you for 300.00, I find that too much money for "talking and emails).

JoeB1 likes this.
  10. Boston Redsox

I agree ....a lot of us can't afford these high fees.

11. Boston Redsox

same with tms therapist there charging $150-$300 hr and don't take insurance. How do they except to help the masses the majority of people can't afford 15-20 session

12. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Eugenio Martinez, MD (Physician)

In a forum post, co-founder of the Boston TMS support group, Veronica, described her appointment with Dr. Martinez. Among other things, she wrote, "I have a TMS doctor and he's great! ... My TMS doctor, Dr. Martinez, is a physiatrist who treats a lot of conditions, not just TMS, so I knew if I had something else besides TMS he would be able to tell me. ... Our appointment was pretty much like what Sarno describes in his books--Dr. M. spent about 1 1/2 hours with me talking about TMS, personality traits, what was going on in my life, childhood, etc. and then also pressing on some of the points Sarno describes that are usually sensitive in people with TMS ... It reassured me to hear that the conditions I had all fell under TMS, and to hear that from a doctor that treats TMS and also other conditions. Dr. Martinez told me to call if I had any different symptoms pop up. That did happen a few times and we would usually just talk about it on the phone and he'd tell me it sounded like more TMS and just to come in if it didn't improve or got worse. To read more, click here.

Boston, Massachusetts
    617 754-5246
    781 444-5080
    emartine@caregroup.harvard.edu
    or
    Pro Sports Orthopedics
    200 Providence Highway
    Dedham, MA 02026
    emartine@caregroup.harvard.edu
    (781) 326-7108
    (781) 326-5839 Fax

13. Boston Redsox

That's the only comment on this Dr there are not any others , does not sound like he see many patients who have tms

14. riv44

riv44 Well known member

I have an appointment with him in a week or so. I need someone who is not doctrinaire either way, but who is aware of the cluster of TMS characteristics.

15. Boston Redsox

With which Dr Angelov Or Martinez?

16. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Martinez.

17. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds like you and Marcus need your TMS, for a PROTECTOR, as Dr. Sarno's contribution to the psychosomatic literature has stated, as a defense mechanism. TMS is a very small part of any TMS savvy physician's practice. This is because, TMS is NOT even a blip on the allopathic medical/industrial complex's radar. $300 to get the cure? A pittance compared to what all of us who have suffered from psychosomatic ailments have spent on them chasing structural/pharmacological/complementary/snake-oyl solutions that haven't done a thing. TMS physicians should be charging $3,000 to $30,000, which is closer to what most of us have spent on the structural merry-go-round "cure" to nowhere. But, if your employer's health-plan picks up all your costs, then paying a few bucks out of pocket does sound like an inconvenience, most spend $300 in a short period of time on booze, smokes, pot or what-ever.

It took me about 10 seconds to find a doc for you guys in Boston, all the known TMS physicians on the planet have been listed on the side-bar of the the TMS Wiki's home page for years. TMS can play tricks on us, hideing/protecting us from the "cure". This is because our sub-C needs our TMS, as a psychological defense mechanism for a TMS PROTECTOR from having to face deeply troubling emotional issues head-on.

I was really thinking I would be getting a little thank-you Tom for finding you guys a TMS doc in Boston which is what you had asked for.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Sienna and Grateful17 like this.
  18. riv44

riv44 Well known member

You are correct. A skilled licensed psychotherapist is worth the investment. Insurance companies do not recognize TMS or MBS It is not in the DSM-V, the psychiatric diagnostic manual. If you don't buy into the medical model, think outside the insurance box. Remember the lost wages, the sick days, the money you have spent on alternative medicine.

19. Boston Redsox

Thx
    Thx you Tom for setting us straight you are the watch dog of this site.

riv44 likes this.
  20. Boston Redsox

And you are right it is a small price to pay. I have a sore taste because I went to one and he was a quack so u can see my stand offness