I went to see a urologist after I was experiencing mild (yet sufficiently annoying) testicular pain in my right testicle. During examination, the dr squeezed my left testicle so hard that I spent the next few minutes bending over with my hands over my groin. I could barely walk back to my car, let alone drive home. When I finally arrived home, I spent an hour in the hot tub weeping from pain on a level I have never previously experienced, and most definitely not in my left testicle...
The urologist diagnosis was that I have epididymitis. Except that I had already tried antibiotic treatment (prescribed by my GP) prior to seeing him to no avail. I had also gone through all the lab work to show that I had no STI either. When I spoke to him later that evening, he explained that the infection must have "spread" to the left testicle which is why it was "triggered" by his exam.
It's now been 1.5 weeks since this event and while the pain has subsided since the day of my visit, I still suffer from it daily. I'm now taking prescription-strength pain medication, with no end in sight.
Has anyone else suffered similar trauma or injury? What are some techniques to deal with this type of pain?
Thanks in advance...
The urologist diagnosis was that I have epididymitis. Except that I had already tried antibiotic treatment (prescribed by my GP) prior to seeing him to no avail. I had also gone through all the lab work to show that I had no STI either. When I spoke to him later that evening, he explained that the infection must have "spread" to the left testicle which is why it was "triggered" by his exam.
It's now been 1.5 weeks since this event and while the pain has subsided since the day of my visit, I still suffer from it daily. I'm now taking prescription-strength pain medication, with no end in sight.
Has anyone else suffered similar trauma or injury? What are some techniques to deal with this type of pain?
Thanks in advance...
Last edited: