1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 telling anyone about TMS theory

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 3, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

I could tell my husband, an engineer, was pretty skeptical. Then, I had him watch the Sarno 20/20 segment with me, and I could see that a light bulb kind of went off for him. He needs this stuff himself; he has had acid reflux for many years and gets hives several years ago. I'm hoping that if I have success, he'll be more inspired.

I also talked to my friend, a therapist, about it. She also practices EMDR for herself and her patients. She agreed that many of her patients who have pain symptoms, like headaches, also have some kind of past trauma that needs to be resolved. She recommended EMDR to me, so I may eventually do it. So many options to choose from - journaling, EMDR, psychotherapy. I already signed up for a 10-week MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction) class that starts in a few weeks.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, prisd. One thing at a time. Do the MBSR program and then if you aren't completely well again, do the Structured Educational Program.
    Healing with MindBody concepts is best when you believe in it 100 percent. It's good that your husband sees the possible connection between mind and body, but too bad he's waiting for you to prove it to him.

3. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Prisd you are really inspiring to me I look forward every day for your discussion I read them thouroughly since I started on the same dates. Wish you good luck when I pray for myself I pray for all of you to get better.

4. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

Thank you ashoo79. It's really nice to have so much support on this forum. I pray as well that we all become success stories, no matter how much time and effort it takes.