1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 relapse

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by corri d, May 24, 2022.

1. corri d

corri d New Member

I have been living with chronic migraines for my entire adult life. A few years ago, I found the curable app, which lead me to Dr. Sarnos book and then to Allen Gordons book and to this platform. I have found amazing results and recovery with pain reprocessing therapy. I am doing the structured educational program because I need a refresher. When I started to feel better, I stopped doing the things that got me better in the first place. I slowly started to let the perfectionism and the pressure and fear take over my mind and body again. Now I am back to having migraines once a week where before I would go months at a time without pain. I feel optimistic that doing this work will help me to recover because it has worked for me before. My body is just telling me I have to get back to attending to it. I have to start listing to my body again and doing the work to calm down my nervous system. I call this my vacation mode. I need to bring back vacation mode to my everyday life.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

You've got this right. Relapse is common, and addressing it requires going back to what worked in the first place.

I've been migraine free now for 8 years after having them all of my life. Just keep at it.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Headaches were a problem for me pre-TMS. During my 16 month "sick" phase that led me to TMS, I had a headache the entire time. After "healing" I went 2 years without having one, then this year they started happening again . . . just a few, but very annoying nonetheless. I agree with Ellen, as long as you keep reminding yourself of the real origin of the pain and exploring stressful emotions, you should be able to move past it. Keep up the good work!