1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Psycho-Physiological Dizziness Syndrome (PPDS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, May 18, 2014.

1. Sofa

Sofa Peer Supporter

Cloudy head and vertigo like feelings. Been there, it comes and goes and it's not fun as you all know.. Feels like we are at a disadvantage to everyone else when the symptoms are present, doesn't it?

I'm glad the O.P. is addressing this topic. Right now my symptoms are gone, thankfully. Not sure what I did to shake them. For me, I purposely try to avoid thinking about them because that makes it worse. Anyone else like that?

2. Marls

Marls Peer Supporter

I too try any diversion to stay away from the pain ruminating, and know only too well how difficult it is. Tenacity is the word, think of absolutely anything at all. Guided meditation is my go to practice for “sort of” immediate relief
    I did want to agree with you Sofa, how the instability can make me feel disadvantaged, I find it an apt description. It’s almost exhausting physically and emotionally staying upright (even if you seriously know you are safe). Any kind of insecurity creates an unwelcome intrusion.

Sofa likes this.