1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Possibly not Genuine: Success - No more back pain! Thanks Dr. Sarno

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Katie Scissor, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Katie Scissor

Katie Scissor Newcomer

I wanted to post my experience and let others know that it is possible to cure chronic back pain without medical treatment (in fact it's necessary). I had back pain (L5 - S1) for 16 years and tried everything there was including surgery. Nothing worked.

A doctor friend here is Dallas gave me the Mind/Body Prescription and that was the beginning of the end of my chronic pain. It was a great start. It took time. The time was lengthened by a TMS therapist who kept me in therapy for 7 months but really didn't seem to know any more than I did about Sarno. It really was just straight psychotherapy about my childhood. It was no helping. This became clear when I also started working with Laura from Pain Cure Clinic in Boulder www.paincureclinic.us .

Both Laura and her partner John have no qualifications whatsoever other than they have cured themselves of pain. However, they know what they are doing and they follow Dr. Sarno (for the most part). The coaching is fast and for a very reasonable fee, I am now 90% pain free. Thanks Dr. Sarno! RIP

PainNoMore, MindBodyPT and Gigalos like this.
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

That's fantastic, especially that you had surgery too.
    Sometimes surgery can cause its own chronic pain. Glad that in your case it did not and you are free of pain.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This post is very similar in length and structure to another post by the same user, but most recently, in November, she had RA. It's also very similar in length and structure to other posts by some other users (one was deleted by moderators). Every one of the posts is pushing the pain cure clinic.

These were initially reported by an alert member. All members are encouraged to use the Report link for dubious posts, especially of a commercial or spam nature. Obvious spam is deleted. Others, like this, are a bit harder to analyze, but it's becoming clearer.

plum and Click#7 like this.
  4. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

In order for a site to be credible stuff like this needs to monitored by the members. Thank you Jan for looking into this. The last thing the site needs is folks thinking it's a "snake oil site". Many credible stories have been shared and you can tell by just reading the detail of each story. But where there is money to be made people get taken advantage of...... Who knows...many people are making money off the hard work of Dr. Sarno. He wrote a book to reach people because he didn't have the time to go on tour like a rock star...he was caring for patients and making phone calls checking on them even after he retired I guess. Listening to him via audio there was a lot of compassion in his voice, not EGO. He cared. RIP in heaven Dr. Sarno you deserve it.

Xara, plum and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. Chiro-Kathy

Chiro-Kathy Newcomer

I wanted to jump in here and say that the Pain Cure Clinic is definitely for real. And I was cured by the coaching of John Thornton. These guys know what they are doing. I know that Alan Gordon has taken control of TMSwiki and does not like to hear success from anyone but himself. John had told me that Gordon does not allow any new providers on this website. That's why they are not on here as a provider.
    Well let me tell you, I worked with one of Gordon's folks for almost 9 months and got almost nothing out of it. They are not trying to cure people but rather just bill people. I got more in 2 sessions from PCC than 9 months of psychotherapy that seemed like just general psychotherapy. If you want to get cured go to the Pain Cure Cure. They are not in it for the money or they would not limit the coaching to 2 sessions. You get a real plan immediately and it works. Actually far beyond Sarno. Extraordinary! Merry Christmas.

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Fellow members, I have reported this. I think it is now crystal clear what we are dealing with.

JanAtheCPA and Gigalos like this.
  7. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Is this John? Or are you just a Christmas troll in need of food?? Anyway, thanks for making me laugh and merry xmas to you :D

JanAtheCPA and plum like this.
  8. bagofwater

bagofwater Peer Supporter

Any further thoughts on PCC? This is the second post I've seen, also from back in 2017, that questions their validity. Have they proven themselves since then?

9. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @bagofwater - the most complete discussion of this outfit is on a different thread, and the bottom line is that in spite of supposedly being invited (by their only true advocate who we knew was a real member) to explain themselves, they never did. Forest (founder of tmswiki.org) was fully aware of the situation, but in the end, they just quietly disappeared.

The comprehensive thread, with opinions rendered by a numbmer of senior members, is here: Possibly not genuine:My Rheumatoid Arthritis is completely cleared up. | Page 2 | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome) (tmswiki.org)

I'll repeat this information on your other post, along with a list of other resources.