1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pgad

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Minion, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Hello everyone. Hope you are all ok. I am suffering from persistent genital arousal syndrome. I haven't been to see a doctor but I know it is this. I have symptoms 24/7 so it can't be anything else. And I am too embarrassed to see a doctor and anyway there are no treatments. I am constantly checking internet sites and scaring myself to death. I have read people commit suicide over this and have constant spontaneous orgasms and it is progressive. I have worked myself up into such a state that I now have severe anxiety on top of pgad. I was wondering if maybe I could use TMS techniques to help me cope. But as I don't really have pain, I don't know how to go about it.
    My family needs me to be mentally healthy. My husband is battling pancreatic cancer and I can't afford to be lost in my worrisome thoughts. But I am paralyzed with fear about this condition. My symptoms are 24/7 and scaring me.
    Hope this post is not too long.

Thanks

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello sweetheart,

There is such a lot going on for you, all immensely challenging. For that you should cut yourself some slack. My husband suffers from a serious condition and I know all too well what a terrible nest of stress, anxiety and dark thoughts it can create.

TMS healing has the potential to be profoundly healing because in essence it calms and soothes our nervous system which is the root physical cause of our suffering (our nervous system is powered by our emotions).

The very best way of dealing with anxiety and quelling fear is to embrace the wisdom of Claire Weekes. Countless people the world over have been healed by her and although she has sadly passed, she has left an impressive legacy.

Here are some free resources to get you started:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/lessons-from-claire-weekes.3873/ (Lessons From Claire Weekes)

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/claire-weekes-audio.2569/ (Claire Weekes Audio)

I highly recommend her books too.

There are other TMS techniques that will help you, in time, but for now you need to get to grips with your fear. All the healing methods work in harmony and complement one another so time spent with Claire Weekes will serve you well. Her knowledge is a fabulous touchstone, particularly for someone in your situation.

Sending you much love,

Plum x

Edit: and for God's sake STOP googling your problem. Honestly that is both a fast track to exacerbating your woes and a complete dead end. This forum is the polar opposite of that madness. Here our focus is on soothing and healing.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Dear Plum thank you ever so much for your reply. I am basically stuck in limbo. Having these awful pgad symptoms, extreme fear and anxiety. I feel scared that I won't be able to take care of my husband and my young child.

Thank you xxx

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't fret my love. Most, if not all, of the people here have been where you are now. Our symptoms and life circumstances vary but the hell of it is shared.

Take some time to listen to the audios and most importantly give it some time. The nervous system responds well to gentleness and patience. These are skills you can learn to counteract the tensions and sufferings that plague you. You absolutely can and will break the state of limbo.

Plum x

5. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Thank you xxx. Are the audios on the links you provided?
    I find it so hard to believe I am going to survive these constant pgad symptoms.
    Xxx

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear and doubt are a big part of the problem and as you deal with them, symptoms improve. For now Don't struggle with beliefs, it's enough to entertain the possibility.

The audios are on the second link xxx

7. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Thanks xxx

8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

From JanAtheCPA (who for some reason can't post to this particular thread due to a one-time glitch, and thank-you to plum for forwarding it):

Dear Minion,

My heart goes out to you. To plum's always-excellent advice, I would add one thing: in your situation, the primitive part of your brain is undoubtedly trying to repress all kinds of negative thoughts and emotions - thoughts and emotions that it thinks are dangerous to your well-being. It's a very primitive mechanism having to do with survival, but it makes no sense in our complicated (but actually relatively safe) modern world. I know that I experienced a significant amount of recovery from my symptoms when I faced my deepest negative thoughts and selfish emotions, allowed them to surface, and accepted myself for having them.

I was able to do this by following our structured educational program, but as @plum suggested, I think that Claire Weekes needs to be your first and most urgent resource right now. Still - as you're following the advice of Claire Weekes, don't allow your brain to repress the negative thoughts that come up - and in your current circumstances, those things are going to seem pretty bad. The thing is - they are totally normal, and if you allow them to surface, and accept them as normal, and love yourself in spite of them, you will experience significant relief.

We're pulling for you here,

~Jan

9. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Thanks Jan xxx.
    I am in a constant state of panic. I have symptoms 24/7 and as I have researched the condition so much (must be ocd thoughts) I continuously think about it. Working myself up to continuous panic. My biggest fear is with this condition many people eventually commit suicide and what would happen to my little girl. I think I am failing my husband because of this illness. And I feel hopeless as on the internet there is no cure for pgad and is very rare.
    I did listen to Dr Weekes audios. She has a wonderful soothing voice. I am having difficulty applying it to my case. As I have pgad I am somewhat lost.

Thanks xx

10. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

You'd be surprised how common this is. Lots of people here have gone through the same thing. There is a healing key hidden in your own words...I continuously think about it. Working myself up to a continuous pain. This crush of catastrophising and negative thoughts is a combination of TMS and anxiety.

You have to stop feeding it. You have to stop exploring the internet for cures. All it does is scare you.

The condition I have is sometimes referred to as "the suicide disease" so I completely understand how terrifying it can be to read such things, particularly when you are already worked up. Really and truly you have to draw a line in the sand and stop visiting websites that contain no wisdom but only fear.

My condition is apparently progressive, cureless and rare. The medical world has nothing and no idea but I am getting better. How is that possible? It's a devotion to healing my mind, my thoughts, my nervous system. It's what this site is all about so there is no need to feel lost. You've landed at Healing Home Central.

The advice applies to all instances, types and variations of fear and anxiety. The single biggest mistake people make is to think they are an exception, that their condition or symptoms are unique and resistant to healing. This is not and is never the case.

You have to give these methods time because it took time to wind yourself up and into such a wretched state. You need to cultivate patience and lots and lots of self-compassion, you need to learn how to soothe yourself instead of constantly inflicting a barrage of misinformation and scary thoughts on yourself. It is these cycles of self-inflicted torture that you need to break and you can.

As Jan explained, this is nothing more than your primitive brain running wild. You tame it by using the techniques we offer here, which engage newer areas of the brain that serve to calm and soothe. As your brain calms your nervous system, your symptoms begin to calm and settle.

There is no miracle cure or magic bullet. Only you can heal yourself. It's actually a lot of fun once you learn how to quieten yourself.

Again, as Jan says, you are under a lot of stress and pressure. In the early years of my husband's diagnosis I felt as lost as you do now. I was traumatised (the doctors told us he had 3-5 years) and out of my mind with pain. I've come through. Endless people here have similar stories and they have prevailed too. That story can be yours sweetheart.

Plum xxx

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  11. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means a lot to have found you wonderful people xxxx

12. Minion

Minion Newcomer

Sorry for going on like a broken record. What makes it hard for me to understand is, that the pgad symptoms arrived before my anxiety. So I think my anxiety is due to my fear and inability to cope with this disease. The symptoms are relentless 24/7 , so it has to be pgad.
    I am sorry for going on and on

13. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Please don't worry about thinking out loud. It's necessary as part of the sense-making process and this is especially true with TMS. The vast majority of people go through a long initial period of is my problem TMS? Mine went on for an absolute age. It's perfectly natural to doubt and question but the truth is there are countless ways that the nervous system can misfire, hence the wide range of symptoms seen here but all are resolved by the same essential cure. Sometimes people decide TMS is nonsense or not applicable to them, they leave the forum only to return later and move onto a full cure.

Such as this guy:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/pelvic-pain-healed.8680/ (Pelvic Pain - Healed)

Not everyone suffers with anxiety. I only endured a brief phase of it during a particularly rough patch. Fear is more common because that is part of the mechanism of the primeavel brain. There is a great member on here, @balto who writes a lot of beautiful and inspiring posts about overcoming fear. It's well worth reading through some of his past posts because there are some real gems in there.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  14. Minion

Minion Newcomer

The problem is that I haven't been to see a Doctor for this. And probably won't as it is so rare, they probably have never heard of it here where I live. And anyway there is no treatment. I doubt I can carry on with these horrible sensations. They make me feel I want to jump out of my skin. I am so anxious right now that I am going to spoil New Years for everyone. I was feeling a bit better before but the sensations started really intensely and now I am a mess.
    Xxxx

15. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Okay, I can post to this thread today.

Minion, I'm really, REALLY sorry, but we can't help you here - you are in crisis, and you need to get off your computer right now, get on the phone, and call your doctor, or the emergency clinic, or a crisis line - you need to get local professional help NOW.

We aren't medical or mental health professional here - we're just people struggling with mind-body issues and sharing ideas. Our wonderful Plum has given you all of her very best and most loving advice, but the primitive and fearful part of your brain has completely taken over, causing you to say "Yes, but..." to all of her suggestions, and to cling desperately to your self-diagnosis.

I don't blame you - I blame your unconscious brain. It is stuck in a really bad "fight or flight" cycle, leaving you unable to take charge and stop obsessing about your condition. The really sad part is that this hidden and primitive part of your brain thinks that it is protecting you from devastating and dangerous thoughts, with a harmless physical distraction - but it's gone WAY too far and now you are in serious danger of losing your grip!

Please call for help NOW. A qualified mental health professional can help - and believe me, they've seen it all when it comes to mind-body conditions. In a crisis, they can certainly prescribe an appropriate medication to calm down your brain until you can return to your normal rational self. They can also help you to mourn, and to cope, with the tragic turn that your life has suddenly taken.

Please do this now - we care what happens to you.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Ellen and plum like this.