1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic pain.. PN..

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by abbi, Jan 19, 2017.

1. abbi

abbi New Member

Hi people I really need some help.
    In October whilst sat down I expeienced a pain under the right buttock and hot and cold sensation after that day I struggled to sit. After months of research and scans I've been told it's pudendal pain and pelvic floor muscles are tight around the pudendal nerve and femoral nerve.

I have read the horror stories on pudendal no hope as I now call it, the start of my story does mirror Kris's in what was felt when it first started on the pudendal page.

I really want to come through this, and want to use the TMS approach, rather than the injections and nerve ablations... help!

2. KevBin

KevBin New Member

Pelvic pain are more and more commun. I suffer from it too. I stop last year going on those forums and I noticed a small improuvment right after it. TMS is like a rollercoaster ride. Ups and downs but at the end its quite positive. I'm starting the Allan's Gordon recovery program today you might want to take a look.

3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Abbi,

Welcome! As you'll find here, a lot of people on these forums have pelvic pain...it is a common manifestation of TMS. If the scans and imaging shows no true structural cause of your pain (and it sounds like nothing was really found), you can safely assume it is TMS pain. Alan Gordon's recovery program is an excellent place to start, make sure you've read Sarno's books, and you'll want to take a look at the Structured Educational Program too.

I've been working on healing myself from back pain for about a month now (I also used to have nerve symptoms) and have had great results. Rest assured that if your pain is from TMS you won't benefit from any kind of injections or ablations! As a PT I know that a lot of people don't benefit from those anyhow...let me know if you have any questions! Good luck in your journey and glad you are here!

4. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

If you are seeking some success stories, there is a private FB page called Chronic pelvic pain the mind body connection. It waxes and wanes in activity, but there are folks who have contributed to it and recovered from PN with mind body techniques. It is run by someone also using the TMS approach. I know pelvic pain can be a nightmare and it's inspiring to read about the recovery of others.

mike2014 likes this.