1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

One Lingering, Annoying Symptom Left

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DonnaJean, May 2, 2016.

1. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

I stated this program about 3 months ago and I have been doing all the work. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but as soon as I read Dr. Sarno's books I knew it was TMS. I've been able to let go of most of my pain except for my neck and the back of my head. I don't know why it's still lingering there. Any ideas?

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi DonnaJean. I had a similar experience. My headaches were the very last symptom to disappear. I attribute part of that to my clinging to the possibility that they were allergy-related. (I live in an area where allergies are a VERY common complaint.) Finally, the headaches got so bad that I consulted my MD. He mentioned that they seemed less like migraines and more like tension headaches. BINGO! TMS!
    Hang in there. I know you'll find a way to make them disappear!

3. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Wow DonnaJean 3 months to feel better from Fibromyalgia that is fabulous....concentrate on your success...
    I have lingering neck tension apparently mine is a conditioned response loss of years!!...I'm carrying on with life and enjoying more, also I'm remembering to laugh more be serious less!