1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New TMS Program posted tomorrow!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Everyone,

Alan Gordon, LCSW, who recovered from a terrible case of his own TMS and started with Pain Psychology Center will be posting a new TMS Recovery program, starting tomorrow.

Starting tomorrow, he will post a new thread every day, Monday-Saturday. To participate, just visit our forum, read his posts carefully, think about them, and reply to them just as you would any other post.

I've been helping with the technical aspects of the program (since I'm the site's web programmer) and by mistake, I let my draft of his first post be visible earlier today. Sorry! The program doesn't actually start until tomorrow. (Please don't mention what happened in the new thread when it pops up again, as we want the program to be around for a while, and we don't want people who didn't see the first thread to be confused when they see people discussing how the thread appeared and disappeared. You're free to make fun of me all you want here, though. :D)

You may have gotten the announcement in email, but if not, here it is.

[​IMG]

Hello, fellow TMSers,

First off, I wanted to let you know about an exciting new TMS study. Howard Schubiner, MD, and Alan Gordon, LCSW, have been given the opportunity to do a randomized controlled back pain study, large enough and ambitious enough to help TMS treatment gain some serious traction in the medical community!

They started a fundraising campaign to help fund the study, and after a couple of weeks, it's completely funded! They're trying to raise an additional 40% to bring on an award-winning documentarian to help capture the study, and bring national attention to the TMS treatment approach.

They're offering cool rewards to people who contribute as well, such as sample sessions, meditations, and seminars on how to overcome pain.

And this brings me back to the new TMS program. To help raise awareness for the fundraising effort, Alan Gordon, LCSW (a TMS success story who is director of the Pain Psychology Center and author of the free TMS Recovery Program on the wiki) has volunteered to put together a NEW FREE TMS PROGRAM based on his most up-to-date treatment techniques.

He will be putting together a 21-day program, starting from the beginning of treatment and working though every step in the process.

Early next week, he will be making his DAY 1 post in the TMS Wiki Forum. Every day thereafter (Monday - Saturday) he will be adding another step in the recovery process and responding in the thread.

Alan is the most talented TMS therapist I know, and I'm really excited that he's willing to do this. I invite all of you to join in for day 1, and progress through this new program as it develops. I will be there and hope to see you as well.

Now, back to the study/documentary. Here's a link to their campaign video (it is unexpectedly hilarious...) Please consider contributing to this worthy cause. Documenting this important study can help legitimize TMS treatment in the medical community, and help many pain sufferers who don't yet know about the mindbody connection.
    [​IMG]

Click here to watch the video and learn about the study.

Best,
    Forest

plum likes this.
  2. romanhysek

romanhysek New Member

Where will it be posted on here, which category? I looked everywhere for it today. Thanks.

3. Forest

I think probably the General Discussion subforum. I could give it its own subforum but haven't decided yet.

4. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

Thanks Forest. Checked out the crowdfunding page and it looks good. Just deciding which level to go in at. Heck, if I knew it would cure my pain I'd go in all the way :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. Forest

I know, right? That's how I ended up starting this site. I found my cure, remembered how much I would have given beforehand, and decided to pay it forward.

Thanks for the donation. I hope the documentary of the study gets funded. The director sounds amazing. Alan is very excited.

6. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

That's a great thing you did Forest. You must have helped thousands upon thousand because of it.

The documentary sounds very exciting, and could well go a long way to helping with that knowledge therapy that Dr Sarno talked about.

Looking forward to the new program tomorrow.

Forest likes this.
  7. Penny2007

Penny2007 formerly Pain2007

Since I'm not in the US time zone I'm confused about what "tomorrow" means. Please post here when Alan's new program is up and let us know where you have posted it. Many thanks and VERY MUCH looking forward! I love Alan :)

8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

In the interests of clarity and ease of use I like the idea of creating a subforum. That said I'm sure the General Discussion Forum receives the most traffic so I totally understand the reasoning behind putting it there. Whatever you decide thanks for your devoted care of this place and for keeping me in the loop. And thanks to Alan for another most generous offering, he is a good man.

Ellen likes this.
  9. Forest

Day 1 is posted!

10. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Forest,
    Looking forward to the program. Just entered my donation. Think this study is a wonderful opportunity for mainstreaming TMS. Do you know if Howard and Alan are only screening participants with a specific back pain, or will there by other participants with other types of pain locales, such as knee, hip, shoulder? Also, will this recovery program be available even if I cannot pick it up on the computer in a given day?
    Thanks for your work on this forum. You do a great job.
    Lainey

11. Forest

Hi Lainey,

I think that it will be back pain only, as that will be considered more compelling by the doctors and researchers that will be reading the research.

The recovery program is meant to be a gift to the community and is meant to stay up in perpetuity.

Thanks for your donation. It's a donation I think you can be very proud of!

12. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Forest
    I am new to forums and am unclear as to where I should look for Alan's new program that he is kindly posting for all of us. What will it be titled as and under which category? (if those are appropriate terms)
    Thanks for your help again.
    Lainey

13. Forest

That makes sense. You can always use the following link to see all of the days of the program:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/general-discussion-subforum.2/?prefix_id=128 (General Discussion Subforum)
    The above link will hopefully also respond to Plum's feedback (good to see you!). I'm using a "prefix" to collect all of the posts. A prefix is like a subforum integrated within another subforum. This will keep it integrated within the main discussion (and decrease the number of proliferating subforums), but will also give people a single simple link to click on and see an organized view. I hate the idea of too many subforums as some of them die out and no one checks them.