1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by CMA, Feb 20, 2016.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

hi all
    so some of you know me or have seen my posts. I have read many books done structured edu program and treated my plantar fasciitis, piriformis syndrome, wrist pain and to some extent anxiety ( although the I continue to be on a minimum med dose).
    I had vertigo symptoms 3 weeks ago they got better, had facial Rosacea type rash saw the dermatologist who said was allergy, since yesterday I have bloating, diarrhea, pelvic pain. Part of me knows it is most likely tMS as I cannot suddenly have something so sick. I have a rocky relationship with my parents, in laws and a friend and something has come up in the past 2-3 weeks that has made me feel very hurt angry agonized...
    But my mind keeps going back to do I have something really bad..whAt should I do...
    Any tips on how I can accept this go about my routine waiting for it to go away like my other symptoms in the past...
    also does anybody know of any structured program routine for forgiving and letting go...I Really need it as I find it very very hard to forgive and let go as I keep remaining and getting angry.
    Thank you all so very much
    Be well

2. breakfree

breakfree Peer Supporter

Hi CMA

thank you for your final comment ''Be Well'' so you wish this for everyone?
    how about yourself ??
    Wish yourself WELL every single day !!

I have completely stopped talking about/writing about details of my symptoms (accept when is absolutely necessary to do so i.e. pain is out of control)
    I believe this gives my brain an important message 'these symptoms don't require a name/they are not important enough to name/I'm doing my upmost to belittle them/ignoring them as best I can'

Try not to get bogged down with the symptoms and descriptions, if you HAVE to talk about, maybe just say ''oh its just my wrists are painful today'' dont give the symptom more than its worth - a fleeting thought !

You mentioned 'new symptoms' popping up BUT the disappearing - this is GREAT news as it means you have the tms on the run

you also say you keep getting and remaining angry,
    I think this in itself is telling you, that maybe you haven't RELEASED some emotion yet ... have you fully journalled yet ?

And you said ''But my mind keeps going back to do I have something really bad''
    Have you been FULLY investigated by a Doctor ?
    Have they ever found anything structurally wrong ?
    For me, I keep asking myself these 2 questions and as long as I can answer with a Yes and then, a No,
    Then I, 100% KNOW its tms , and my working on tms continues...

YOU Be Well ;o) Best Wishes x x

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, CMA. You ask if there is a structured program for overcoming pain caused by our emotions (TMS). There most certainly is, and it's right here and for free, the Structured Educational Program in the subforum of this web site. It helped heal me from severe back and shoulder pain when I did the program and journaled to discover repressed childhood anger and other emotions stemming from my parents divorcing when I was seven. In journaling, I put myself in their shoes and learned about the reasons they divorced (financial problems) and that helped me to forgive them. Forgiving is one of the keys to healing from emotional pain, if we can forgive others and ourselves as well. You're having relationship problems, and journaling about them in teh SEProgram will help you to deal with them.

I doubt that anything structural is wrong with you. You need to believe totally in the TMS concept of the MindBody connection and do the SEProgram.
    Keep us posted on how you are feeling.

4. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

CMA I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty. As for your stomach issues have you suffered with this before? I believe in TMS however I don't believe every time we have a physical ailment TMS is why. What this means is if your stomach pain doesn't pass in a reasonable time see your Dr. Rule out a medical cause.
    If I understood your post you've already done the SEP program, your issue is with forgiveness.
    Here is a highly recommended book, even has a worksheet to help you. Radical Forgiveness
    http://www.radicalforgiveness.com

Hope this helps
    Warmly, Susan

5. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Thank you Walt, Susan and Breakfree...so interestingly enough my IBS got much better in a day but now I am breaking out in hives, itching and feel congested. In the past 4 weeks, I have had vertigo (got evaluated); rosacea type rashes (got evaluated); allergies/congestion, and IBS. Back to itchy skin and congestion. So I am pretty sure its TMS. The question is what should I do. I am taking meds to control symptoms. But I need to let go and forgive a whole bunch of hurt and issues. I can clearly see the manifestations as a form of my anger. Susan is there any other free or cheaper program. The one you shared is close to $300.
    Thanks again you all

6. Susan1111

So sorry Radical Forgiveness is a book and I know for free is a downloadable worksheet.

7. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Got it Susan. will do
    Thank you

8. Susan1111

@CMA Google Radical Forgiveness worksheet and you will see a downloadable PDF file. As I mentioned there is also a book and it doesn't cost $300!! Normal everyday book price!

9. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi CMA,

I have some thoughts. One is do the SEP again. Part of your regular treatment to deal with ongoing TMS. No big deal. Also, perhaps first, do http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

I understand that you believe anger is at the root of your TMS symptoms, and that you are pushing yourself to forgive, in hopes of alleviating your symptoms. But I don't believe anger by itself causes TMS. It is your relationship to anger. Are you rejecting yourself for it, hating yourself for the anger? Trying to "improve yourself?" Trying to "move beyond the hurt?" If so, this causes the Inner Child to feel what ______________?

I don't know you well, but I have to suggest this line of inquiry based on what you wrote. Perhaps you'll find this helpful.

Andy B

tgirl likes this.
  10. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Thank you Andy...never thought of hating myself for being angry..I definitely feel whats wrong with me that I am so sensitive and cannot shake this thing off

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, CMA. You are not alone in having relationship problems with inlaws and others. My sister had a really rough time with her mother-in-law and finally told her husband to choose between his mother and him. He wisely chose my sister. The three of them had been living in the house the mother-in-law owned, and when they finally moved out and had their own place, my sister finally had a new and happy life.

Absence often does make the heart grow fonder, so maybe see your mother-in-law only once or twice a year.

As for hives, a friend came down with a bad case of hives on his honeymoon. He later admitted to me that it was because he worried he wouldn't be able to perform up to his bride's desires. He spent their entire two week honeymoon in a hospital, but afterward was fine and a fine performer. So some worry or anger is causing your hives, but journaling about them will bring them to the surface and that will make the pain go away. The same with vertigo.

Save the $300. I know therapists need to make a living, but that sounds like a lot, especially since I healed from severe back pain, and many others have healed from their symptoms, just by believing in TMS and discovering the repressed emotions that are causing them. If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover those harmful emotions and that will heal you.