1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Celayne is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now on US Standard Time)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

My Recovery from RSD/CRPS (TMS) article

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by miffybunny, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Tinalina

Tinalina Newcomer

I very much appreciated your article. Im new to all this information. Someone came into a crps group and shared it and got so much hate and boo! I inquired further having nothing to lose and he sent me your article and answered some of my (many) questions. Thank you for having the courage to post and help others. I hope I get a similar second chance at my life.

miffybunny and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Well known member

Hi Tinlina,

I'm so happy you found my article helpful! It has been a struggle for me to get the word out. The RSDSA Association was kind enough to publish it but I have received some angry emails. Unfortunately most people are brainwashed by the medical industry. I'm really honored that this person shared it and I want to let you know that you will absolutely get better!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, @Tinalina! @miffybunny has an inspiring and well-told recovery story, for sure - and the best news is that she's not alone, as you will learn if you stick around here and read more Success Stories.
    I had a similar experience way back in 2011. I had been advised to go on the "migraine diet" which didn't thrill me - I found a forum where people were discussing their migraines and their diets and their claims were all over the place - some were even laughable. Then one guy posted that he stopped having migraines after reading The Divided Mind by Dr. Sarno - and he also got all the hate that those people could throw at him. But I decided I'd rather read a book than give up favorite food items, so I checked it out from my library and read it that week. And never looked back. Later on, I thought it was too bad I didn't sign up to join that forum, just so I could find that guy and thank him. But presumably he also left the forum and its members far behind.

Be sure to read Dr. Sarno, check out our two educational resources - the Structured Educational Program and Alan Gordon's Recovery Program - read more Success Stories, and, if you're interested, my ever-growing list of favorite resources.

Keep us posted!

Jan