1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My Recovery from RSD/CRPS (TMS) article

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by miffybunny, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Tinalina

Tinalina Newcomer

I very much appreciated your article. Im new to all this information. Someone came into a crps group and shared it and got so much hate and boo! I inquired further having nothing to lose and he sent me your article and answered some of my (many) questions. Thank you for having the courage to post and help others. I hope I get a similar second chance at my life.

miffybunny and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Tinlina,

I'm so happy you found my article helpful! It has been a struggle for me to get the word out. The RSDSA Association was kind enough to publish it but I have received some angry emails. Unfortunately most people are brainwashed by the medical industry. I'm really honored that this person shared it and I want to let you know that you will absolutely get better!

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, @Tinalina! @miffybunny has an inspiring and well-told recovery story, for sure - and the best news is that she's not alone, as you will learn if you stick around here and read more Success Stories.
    I had a similar experience way back in 2011. I had been advised to go on the "migraine diet" which didn't thrill me - I found a forum where people were discussing their migraines and their diets and their claims were all over the place - some were even laughable. Then one guy posted that he stopped having migraines after reading The Divided Mind by Dr. Sarno - and he also got all the hate that those people could throw at him. But I decided I'd rather read a book than give up favorite food items, so I checked it out from my library and read it that week. And never looked back. Later on, I thought it was too bad I didn't sign up to join that forum, just so I could find that guy and thank him. But presumably he also left the forum and its members far behind.

Be sure to read Dr. Sarno, check out our two educational resources - the Structured Educational Program and Alan Gordon's Recovery Program - read more Success Stories, and, if you're interested, my ever-growing list of favorite resources.

Keep us posted!

Jan

4. Drew

Drew Peer Supporter

Hi am
    Hi ms
    hi ms miffyy bunny,
    Would it be possible to talk to you directly. I have crps and neuropathic pain as well for last 3-4 years and what crazy I have seen some amazing improvement when I just pushed myself at the gym and became very active and got busy in life the pain subsided. The neuropathic pain was always mainly in my legs and certain times in last two years I have been working out like an athlete doing lunges, squats upto 200lbs, step up, leg press upto 500 lbs and a lot of biking and cardio. But last 4 months all neuropathic pain has come back with a vengeance and not just in legs but all over especially the burning skin, tingling, electric shocks, cold water feeling, fire ants biting crawling, you name it and I have that neuropathic symptoms. I had these nerve symptoms before too but they slowly faded I even travelled all around Europe and went to 16 counties on my own working out going to bars having a great time. But last 3 months my mom visited I panicked to her about still getting these symptoms and more I panicked it’s like everything came back and then we went and met 3-4 more doctors and the more I explained my old symptoms it’s like my brain was listening and I have debilitating pain in legs and all nerve symptoms back all the time, the nerve sensitivity and when my mom was still here my full body was having nerve symptoms shocks tingling burning, it was like in just the 3 weeks she was here the more I focused and panicked about my problems it just kept intensifying and now I almost feel like a cripple in just last two months. It’s astonishing to see I was lifting 200 lbs squats and doing Such hard workout again thinking I’m mostly past it with most of my nerve symptoms restricted to stressful times or night time while sleeping or in morning to now them being there 24/7 and some days I can’t even walk. When I started getting better 2 years ago I couldn’t walk anymore so I forced myself to Walk 10-15 miles everyday, I couldn’t wear jeans or any clothing pretty much would cause sensivity pain in knees classic CRPS allodynia sign. I have been overly obsessing and spending about 10-15 hours on forums everyday since this relapse and everytime I have to explain my stmptoms even right now as I’m writing I can feeling them Going up and up. If I pick up and call mom n dad and vent or start getting sad or panicky the symptoms go up 100 times but if I don’t call them every morning I wake up with full body burning tingling and every nerve symptoms everywhere. I can’t belive just 7 months ago I was dancing in Ireland and running around in Barcelona and here I am restricted to my bed unable to do anything and because of wrtiting and explaining my symptoms to so many people over the last 2 months it’s like every single one of them is back which I thought I had forgotten or loved past from. It’s like my nerves are so hyper and nervous system can’t seem to turn off anymore.
    Would love some advice as I have started to go back to crps forums and so many new illness forums a things I never even did when I first got rid of everything. Kindly let me know if I can’t get in touch with you. Thanks

5. miffybunny

Hi Drew,

I sent you a pm.

6. Mala

Mala Well known member

Grt job Rita. Its quite encouraging that that the RSDSA would publish an article with strong leanings towards the mind body connection. There will be many who find that its is not useful to go down that route & maybe even pooh pooh it but if the article can benefit even a few people then you have done them a great service & they in turn may pass on the message to others.

I have left a comment there & maybe others could too. This would help reinforce the the concept of TMS & may get more ppl interested.

regards

Mala

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    miffybunny likes this.
  7. miffybunny

Oh Thank you so much Mala! That means a lot to me because it's been buried by many depressing articles since it was last posted. I so agree with you that even if I can help one person it's well worth it!! :)

8. Mala

Mala Well known member

An update Rita. I went to check on the article & saw that the comment I wrote is not there. I know it was successfully uploaded because there was a message saying that the comment wld be posted once it was approved by admin.

Interesting that don't u think? ;)

Mala

miffybunny likes this.
  9. miffybunny

Yes!! I went to look as well and I noticed that! Soooooo disappointing! I think the site is owned by pharmaceutical companies...I noticed ads on there. Incredibly disappointing. One girl registered here because of my article and she told me they were making fun of it in the forum there. Sad.

10. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Thanks a lot for your inspiring story.

The reason why people always listen to TMS only when they hit rock bottom is because it is much difficult path than all other possible solution when you have issue. Let's say someone for the first time gets chronic pain. It is far more easier to go to doctor than to see yourself, accept how you created that in first place and work on changes. People always take easier path. Only all other options are infeasible due to many reason, they see clearly for the first time what was already told - You unknowingly generated tension and build it [TMS]. You knowingly relax and dissolve it.

T. S. Eliot - We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

miffybunny likes this.
  11. miffybunny

Unfortunately this is so true. You can provide knowledge, a road map and sign posts all day long but some people need to hit that "bottom" where they come to the realization that it's an inside job. Nothing and no one outside of themselves can do it for them.

Drew likes this.
  12. GUIDO55

GUIDO55 Newcomer

@miffybunny What an amazing story! I hope you don't mind but I'll send you a PM.

I'm in the middle of a possible CRPS diagnosis and I'm struggling pretty badly.

Would anyone be able to speak privately that has overcome this? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.