1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Male pelvic pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Joe123x, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Joe123x

Joe123x New Member

Hello everyone. I have had quite a journey these past few years. Starting with urination issues. My pain spread quite rapidly. Within 6 months I could barely sit in a chair for 5 min and could not even think about ejaculating. Pain with defecation was there.

I saw a PT and it started to get better. Then for a month it was gone. I barely thought about it. Maybe there was some tension, but I was very pleased.

After I re enrolled in school I was taking a very demanding chemistry course, bio, and prob and stat. Got stressed out and here it came back. It got worse and worse. I went back to PT and for the passed 8 months I have felt stuck.

I have read about this concept before, but recently it has been making more and more sense. The pain is very real, it is just my brain creating it. Keeping me stuck in such a gripping pattern.

Yesterday I had great sex with my girlfriend. There was pain. It went away as I used TMS techniques to push it away. Tension slowly but surely diminished. I had sex again today which was great and now, 8 hours later, it is releasing perfectly.

Where do I dive deeper into this concept? Please, enlighten me my fellow beings :)

Gigalos and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Joe, it sounds like you've come to the right place, so welcome! If you haven't already done so (or if it's been more than a year) we recommend that you read one of the books written by Dr. John Sarno, MD. My personal suggestion is The Divided Mind, which was his last book, and includes six chapters written by other health professionals (five MDs and a therapist).

We have two free programs on this site (tmswiki.org and tmswiki.org/forum). The first one introduces you to different aspects, techniques, and exercise about TMS: the Structured Educational Program (SEP). The second is a program designed and generously donated to the forum by our long-time friend and supporter, Alan Gordon, LCSW: the Pain Recovery Program

Good luck, give yourself credit and embrace your new acceptance of this vital concept, and keep us posted.

Joe123x and Gigalos like this.
  3. Joe123x

Joe123x New Member

I have started reading the mind body prescription. It is absolutely fascinating and makes so much sense. Thank you for your kindness and guidance. My deepest gratitude.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Congrats! I wish you to continue on the path. You seemed to have learned a lot in short time!

Joe123x likes this.